• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Forgotten password on Plesk 10

coolemail

Basic Pleskian
We have just upgraded to Plesk 10.1.1 (and wishing we had stayed on Plesk 9!!!!)

If an email address forgets their email address password, in Plesk 9 they could type in the email address as the "Username" and "Email-address" at the https://plesk2.hostname.co.uk:8443/get_password.php?plesk_user_exception=true URL.

How can someone get their email address password sent to them?

The scenario we want is one where they want to log into webmail and see the Spam emails with the Spam settings. If they have forgotten their email password, they are unable to log into the Control Panel.

Many thanks in advance for assistance.

Given my recent sad experience with Plesk 10 Im not sure anyone there has a clue how to fix anything.

My new plesk 10 server now will not record email passwords. You can create a new account but the password will never work. This started sometime last night or this morning and even as I write this Codero is still "working on it". Mean time I have customers locked out of their emails all day.

I wish I had known how bad Plesk 10 was before leasing a new server. Migration manager is useless so I should have gone to CPanel and taken advantage of their free migration service.

If you are considering upgradeing to v10 DON'T DO IT! You will be very sorry and plagued with bugs and errors and late nights as a result.

Back