• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Fork errors postfix log

Rbm

New Pleskian
Dear experts,

Since a couple of days my server is having problems recieving and sending emails. When I check the email log I'm finding a lot of errors concerning forking. See below

postfix/master[19150]: warning: master_spawn: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable -- throttling
postfix/master[19150]: warning: master_spawn: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable -- throttling

I tried searching for hours but can't find the solution to this problem. Maybe someone else has a solution.

The solution here Issue - System cannot fork? doesn't work

Thanks in advance.

In the mean time I tried changing my DefaultTasksMax which was 60 to DefaultTasksMax=75% which is now 300. Hopefully this is gonna work.

The error can also be related to SpamAssassin. Try increasing the number of allowed processed in panel.ini by

[mail]
spamAssassin.maxChildrenLimit = <new limit here>

e.g. <new limit here> = 100 or another suitable value

The error can also be related to SpamAssassin. Try increasing the number of allowed processed in panel.ini by

[mail]
spamAssassin.maxChildrenLimit = <new limit here>

e.g. <new limit here> = 100 or another suitable value
Thanks for your answer! I don't have spamAssassin running so I don't think this is the problem. See my numproc in /proc/user_beancounters during the day running up to 250. Max is 400. Doesn't hitting any failcnt yet.

Tried as an experiment reducing my DefaultTasksMax back to 60 but I don't see any fork messages comming up now although numproc is also over 200 after some time. Not completely understanding the logic.

Back