• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Fork errors postfix log

Rbm

New Pleskian
Dear experts,

Since a couple of days my server is having problems recieving and sending emails. When I check the email log I'm finding a lot of errors concerning forking. See below

postfix/master[19150]: warning: master_spawn: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable -- throttling
postfix/master[19150]: warning: master_spawn: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable -- throttling

I tried searching for hours but can't find the solution to this problem. Maybe someone else has a solution.

The solution here Issue - System cannot fork? doesn't work

Thanks in advance.

In the mean time I tried changing my DefaultTasksMax which was 60 to DefaultTasksMax=75% which is now 300. Hopefully this is gonna work.

The error can also be related to SpamAssassin. Try increasing the number of allowed processed in panel.ini by

[mail]
spamAssassin.maxChildrenLimit = <new limit here>

e.g. <new limit here> = 100 or another suitable value

The error can also be related to SpamAssassin. Try increasing the number of allowed processed in panel.ini by

[mail]
spamAssassin.maxChildrenLimit = <new limit here>

e.g. <new limit here> = 100 or another suitable value
Thanks for your answer! I don't have spamAssassin running so I don't think this is the problem. See my numproc in /proc/user_beancounters during the day running up to 250. Max is 400. Doesn't hitting any failcnt yet.

Tried as an experiment reducing my DefaultTasksMax back to 60 but I don't see any fork messages comming up now although numproc is also over 200 after some time. Not completely understanding the logic.

Back