• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FreeBSD

Q

quabbo

...any news on FreeBSD? I hope that 4.9 will still be supported as well.

Plesk 7.5 Sounds Wicked

FreeBSD 4.9, 4.10, 5.1.2 and 5.3 would be wicked.
Or even just 4.9 and 5.1.2 as there the most common, I love FreeBSD I love plesk why cant I have the best of both worlds :D any new please inform.

I would prefer 4.10 over 4.9 as the 4.9 tree is no longer getting updates like the 4.10 tree is. From what i have seen it still does not look like the 5.x tree is stable enough for a production box.

The 5.x series is stable

I have a box that has been running for 213 days without a single issue. The server is running 5.2.1.

I believe it should be released similarly to Plesk 7 Reloaded except for the newer OS versions.

So 4.10 and 5.3 as they are the latest stable releases for the 4.x and 5.x series

I noticed when I tried to install Plesk on a 5.2.1 box, it didn't like that I had upgraded to perl 5.8... I hope 7.5 isn't like that..

I had no problems I just hope 7.5 will have a FreeBSD 5.2.1 release :p

Also with 7.5 upgrades, you can only upgrade from Plesk 7 Reloaded nothing earlier.

I'm sure Todd @ Plesk is expecting me to reply to this thread!

We need FreeBSD support as soon as possible, would be lovely if it was 5.3 as its now production quality.

4.10 and 5.3 will cover most people and keep people happy

As with 7.1, you can still use the migration manager to upgrade form earlier version of Plesk.

I just wanted to bump this thread up, and say that I too would like 5.3 support.

I requirements page only says it supports up to 5.2.1 - I hope they will get 5.3 in there!

Back