1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Fresh Install Failure 10.3.1

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Windows Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by zepher, Sep 10, 2011.

1. zepher

zepher New Pleskian

57%
    Reformatted and reinstalled server 2008 Enterprise - Auto installation failure - error below:
    Any input is greatly appreciated.

File downloading PANEL-WIN_10.3.1/thirdparty-msi-Windows-any-i386/sql_sys_clrtypes_x86.msi: completed.
    Starting installation of packages
    installing Parallels Panel core components...
    MSI: Error! Critical action 'Switching on engine...' has been failed:
    Command "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\PostInstallHelper.exe" --perform --action=ChangePSACPProvider --parameters="iis" failed with code 1.
    Output:
    Unexpected error
    Failed to install 'C:\af10a960d39aa52499db63db81da0832\parallels\PANEL-WIN_10.3.1\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\plesk.msi' with error 1603

Cheers,

Sonny

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Try to find more details in autoinstaller3.log
    Autoinstaller log located in randomly generated folder in the root of system drive, for example: C:\26766e4a3e7c9ed49856c1f1165bfeec\autoinstaller3 .log

3. zepher

zepher New Pleskian

57%
    Pleask Panel Installation Woes

Igor,

Restored a fresh 2008 server install (again), and re-installed plesk panel, but this time using Bind for DNS instead of Microsoft and the installation completed with different errors, but the panel did seem to operate. When I secured the planel with a SSL certificate everything seemed to work fine until I tried to enter my store, then the store web page got into a URL loop, trying two different URL addresses within seconds. Very wierd problem. I've been running another Plesk 9.5 server for 5+ years with few problems, so I decided to try another plesk server.... bad move so far.

Please help me get this thing off the ground...

Cheers,

Sonny Coleman

4. zepher

zepher New Pleskian

57%
    Ok, I have the panel running. Thanks for all your help...