• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Fresh Plesk on Dedicated Server

MSD

New Pleskian
Hello Plesk Community,

We have brand new Dedicated Server from this month and we plan to migrate our work from shared hosting solutions to this server and Plesk because it rocks for Developers

I have one simple question, I would like to install the safest and secure framework on this server, is it better to install Plesk on CentOS 7 or CentOS 8?

If you have other advice it will be accepted.

Thanks for any tips and advice in the advance...

One more question, it will be nice to give me an good/best partitionig sample for installation OS for the Plesk Obsidian.

is it better to install Plesk on CentOS 7 or CentOS 8?
It's up to you.
One more question, it will be nice to give me an good/best partitionig sample for installation OS for the Plesk Obsidian.

Hello Igor,

My question about OS was because I was found some articles about supported Plesk options on CentOS 8 and which options will work and which need to be developed or additional setup. If it is equal for both os it is great :)

Hi community! I am very happy for you. It was about time that you switched to server hosting. It's a lot cheaper to store your data on a server than having to maintain a miniature of your own. I have been using Australian & NZ Dedicated Servers - Intergrid for some time know. Honestly I don't know how I managed without a server until now. By the way, when did you switch servers? I don't recall any maintenance on the site. Did you do it at night?

Last edited:
We migrated from CentOS 7 to a new CentOS 8 setup.
The only difference we feel is that Atomicorp is not supported - not that big a difference, we are using Comodo instead.
On CentOS 7 full updates are ending later this year, only pushing out security updates then.

I would however recommend CentOS 8 as full updates are pushed out until 2024, Selinux and Plesk are working perfectly together too ;-)

Cudos to @IgorG and the Plesk team for a nice working Plesk version on CentOS 8.

Last edited:
We migrated from CentOS 7 to a new CentOS 8 setup.
The only difference we feel is that Atomicorp is not supported - not that big a difference, we are using Comodo instead.
On CentOS 7 full updates are ending later this year, only pushing out security updates then.

I would however recommend CentOS 8 as full updates are pushed out until 2024, Selinux and Plesk are working perfectly together too ;-)

Cudos to @IgorG and the Plesk team for a nice working Plesk version on CentOS 8.
I would suggest the same. Migrated from centos 7 to centos 8

Back