• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FrontPage Extensions problems after 7.1.6->7.5.3

T

thedevilman

i just had a pretty smooth update from 7.1.6 to7.5.3 except for the FrontPage Extensions. can't seem to get them working after the update.

can't get in to FP Webadmin or FP-SSL Webadmin now either. I get a 404.

i've already tried disabling FP, then removing the .htaccess file and the '_*' folders and re-enabling FP with no success.

read about a possible suexec problem somewhere but don't know too much about it. i'm running FreeBSD 4.9.

did a lot of searching including here and i'm just too tired now to keep looking so any help is greatly appreciated.

i had someone else fix the problem for me but here is what they reported back to me...

The problem was in wrong permissions on /usr/local/frontpage directory. You can see it in log file of each domain, e.g. in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/domain.com/statistics/logs/error_log:
[Mon May 23 07:16:20 2005] [error] (13)Permission denied: Incorrect permissions on stub "/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/apache-fp/_vti_bin/fpexe" in FrontPageAlias().
i'm assuming a chmod of fpexe and maybe the containing folder to probably 755 should do it.

good luck.
-thedevilman

We had the same problem here on Plesk 7.5.3/FreeBSD 4.9.

Changing the permissions from 750 to 755 on the directory /usr/local/psa/frontpage fixed it.

Does anyone know if this will cause any security problems?

of course, now anyone/anything potentially can:
cd into
ls it (and ls -l)
read files
modify files
and exec files

chmod 755ing the directory also fixed this for me.

For those who are still suffering: frontpage fix upgrade freebsd url not found bad link 7.5

fixed

This also fixed it for me... if this actually is some sort of security risk, and someone has a better solution to the problem, let us know!

Jordan

Back