1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

FrontPage Extensions problems after 7.1.6->7.5.3

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by thedevilman, May 20, 2005.

1. thedevilman

thedevilman Guest

i just had a pretty smooth update from 7.1.6 to7.5.3 except for the FrontPage Extensions. can't seem to get them working after the update.

can't get in to FP Webadmin or FP-SSL Webadmin now either. I get a 404.

i've already tried disabling FP, then removing the .htaccess file and the '_*' folders and re-enabling FP with no success.

read about a possible suexec problem somewhere but don't know too much about it. i'm running FreeBSD 4.9.

did a lot of searching including here and i'm just too tired now to keep looking so any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Sanderk

Sanderk Guest

I have the same problem, does anyone know what to do?

3. thedevilman

thedevilman Guest

i had someone else fix the problem for me but here is what they reported back to me...

i'm assuming a chmod of fpexe and maybe the containing folder to probably 755 should do it.

good luck.
    -thedevilman

4. R2K_

R2K_ Guest

We had the same problem here on Plesk 7.5.3/FreeBSD 4.9.

Changing the permissions from 750 to 755 on the directory /usr/local/psa/frontpage fixed it.

Does anyone know if this will cause any security problems?

5. serial-thrilla

serial-thrilla Guest

of course, now anyone/anything potentially can:
    cd into
    ls it (and ls -l)
    read files
    modify files
    and exec files

6. pl3sk

pl3sk Guest

chmod 755ing the directory also fixed this for me.

For those who are still suffering: frontpage fix upgrade freebsd url not found bad link 7.5

7. jas8522

jas8522 Basic Pleskian

23%
    fixed

This also fixed it for me... if this actually is some sort of security risk, and someone has a better solution to the problem, let us know!

Jordan

8. futuredude

futuredude Guest