• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FrontPage Support?

C

Chris@

Plesk 8.x supported the FrontPage Extensions as long as they were already installed on the server. Will 9.x support FrontPage if I upgrade an 8.6 server that has the FrontPage Extensions already installed?

I dont personally use FP on linux - doesnt make sense to me personally, but then I have windows servers that FP is on for those who want it - but there is only one way to find out if it will work for you ....

The documentation for v9 mentions Frontpage, so I would be surprised if it didn't. Please post back when you know for sure. I wish they hadn't dropped it. MS Expressions Web can connect to FP server extensions. The big benefit is live editing of the site. Lot of people like this feature. I use it on my server and just work from the code view in FP 2003.

it supported the FrontPage Extensions as long as they were already installed on the server which 8 will do as well.

Back