• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved fsmng failed - Error by Plesk Repair All -n

Dukemaster

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
since yesterday I use Plesk 17.5.3 on Ubuntu 16.04 from new default image of my provider.
My provider made an mistake with Plesk licence key. They installed the key of Plesk Web Admin. By support they told me that they will send me a correct key for Web Host edition. This is only the background which could be important.
After twice initialisations I get different problems with the web admin edition.
This time I reinstalled Plesk with (plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components) to solve the following issue you can see in the box. I didn't solve it by Plesk reinstall. So I ran plesk repair all -n after unsuccessful running plesk installer.
Could you please help me to solve the problem.
By running update in bash I also get the information about weak digest debian package of sitebuilder, this has nothing to do with the problem, I only wonder why this is used in the new complex of Plesk 17.5.3 with Ubuntu 16. If you would ask me, I would throw sitebuilder out, becaus eI never used it in 10 years Plesk.

Code:
~# plesk repair all -n

Reconfiguring the Plesk installation
Checking the Plesk database using the native database server tools .. [OK]

Checking the structure of the Plesk database ........................ [OK]

Checking the consistency of the Plesk database ...................... [OK]

Checking system users ............................................... [OK]

Checking Linux system files[2017-04-23 00:44:32] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/fsmng' '--check-ac' '/var/lib/psa/dumps' '--perms' '0750' '--owner' 'psaadm' '--group' 'psaadm'] with exit code [1]

fsmng failed: ERROR:Cannot find deb-archive for package plesk-base (17.5.3-ubuntu16.04.build1705170317.16)

Checking virtual hosts' file system ................................. [OK]

Checking Plesk version .............................................. [OK]

Greets

Last edited:
Hi Dukemaster,

fsmng failed: ERROR:Cannot find deb-archive for package plesk-base (17.5.3-ubuntu16.04.build1705170317.16)

Pls. consider to add some standart Plesk sources, so that apt/aptitude and dpkg know where to look for on Ubuntu/Debian based systems. Pls. see the examples: => #9

Thanks a lot for this real good advice. Last week I could do it immediately, but now I have to use xenial mirrors/sources for Ubuntu 16.04.
Do you have also a list for them, or a helpful link where to copy them?

Greets

Oh, sorry, there are little but not countable differences between Ubuntu 14 and 16 starting in the output of fdisk -l, until whatever. So I expected them also here.
Thanks @UFHH01
;)

Hi Dukemaster,
Pls. consider to add some standart Plesk sources, so that apt/aptitude and dpkg know where to look for on Ubuntu/Debian based systems. Pls. see the examples: => #9
Hi @UFHH01 thanks first!
I did this really good help, but I got several warnings. The most important was that one package is not for i386 systems. Others gave warnings about security, mostly hosteurope. I didn't wonder about this, because I use 1and1 provider..lol
For the reason that perhaps the same problem arises today in a fresh installation on reinitialized server with dpkg I expect that the problem is the mirror for the base plesk packages. But I'm too newbie to watch behind the scences.
Greets

Please help me with the new problem (perhaps the same like here) to get the most important package:
deb-archive for package plesk-base

Hi Dukemaster,

but I got several warnings.
... which you are ble to ignore, because these are mostly warning, as for example:
Signature by key XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX uses weak digest algorithm (SHA1)
or
Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:XX and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk_XX.XX.XX_xenial.list:XX

Pls. keep in mind that WARNINGS are informations, with found issues, that CAN be solved, but these WARNINGS doesn't harm your system or it's configuration, nor is it essential to interfere. ;)

Thank you very much @UFHH01
I knew this from one of your other postings, but in this case it's so essential that it's important to be sure about it.
Great Help!
Greets

Back