• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP account for Backup: "@" not allowed

Inspiring

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I have experienced a problem when I am trying to add a remote repository for FTP backup: Plesk does not accept user names with "@" in it.

My FTP user names are provided to me with @ by default and I can not remove it - so is there a possibility to allow @ as the Ftp login?

I have thought of modifying the plesk database myself but I am just afraid that plesk uses command line to access FTP sites, then by default ftp://[email protected]:p[email protected] wouldn't work.

Can someone throw some light on this?

Cheers
INS

Hi,

It's very interesting.
How did you created user with @ in it?
Linux and Windows does not support such names.

I think it will be better if you change user name. Do not try to change Plesk database, Plesk can work incorrectly after such modification.

Good news for me is that the Plesk Backup Application from Start => All programs => swsoft => plesk DOES accept FTP user names with @.

I am quite happy now, but I really hope that the web admin accepts FTP accounts with @ s...

Back