• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Backup option (Wher'd it go?)

......but it's the summer now and Plesk told me 8.1 (which fixes this this fu** up will be resolved by then).

Hope you're not waiting for a miracle cure. lol

This is a temporary fix for backups and without it we would have no backup solution at all.

Hey phatPhrog,

thanks for posting that script. I'm fairly new to all this so please bear with me.

I have been running your script successfully for over a week without error. It is called via a cron job using:

sh /usr/backupScripts/mybackup.sh
and runs at 4am every day.

Last night, my server went down. When I woke up in the AM I couldn't access it via the http, ftp, ssh or ping. I figured out how to boot into rescue mode and restart the server in normal mode. it was my first time doing that but it went smoothly.

After doign some research i my log files, I realized that the server went down at 4:01am. Its pretty clear that the process running knocked it down.

I'm just trying to figure out how to prevent this from happening again. Any thoughts?

Also, does this script stop any services before backup to prevent failures?

Anyway, thanks again. Any feedback is apprciated.

Fish
><>

Originally posted by fishnyc22
After doign some research i my log files, I realized that the server went down at 4:01am. Its pretty clear that the process running knocked it down.
Hmm, I haven't run into that so I'm unable to offer a solution.

Perhaps others can help.

As far as I know pleskbackup doesn't stop anything with the current backup command.

Check the knowlegebase for pleskbackup for additional commands to add. Until you resolve the problem perhaps you should run the script manually to see what happens.

Wish I could offer more help. In the interim, I will try to find answers for you as well.

Hmm. I ran the script manually and it worked without error. (as it had done in the past). Maybe it was just a hickup.

Not sure what to do that this point. Do you think that stopping the active processes before archiving them will solve anyhting.

I hate random weirdness!

Re: PLESKBACKUP Script

Thanks for that script!

What would I have to add to that script to delete backup files which are older then 7 days on my backup server by ftp?

Originally posted by Cranky
In Plesk 8 they changed the backup engine completely by dropping psadump/psarestore and replacing it with Plesk Backup Manager which is based on the much more efficient Plesk Migration Manager engine.
Is that a joke? PMM is the biggest piece of **** I have ever used. 1 domain restoration caused me 1 week (pretty much all day) server repairs. I WILL NEVER USE PMM EVER AGAIN.

Originally posted by Pagemakers
FTP backup is now available again with the latest update.
It would help if the latest update didn't screw up every scheduled backup.

Originally posted by Pagemakers
What do you mean? What goes wrong now?
Everytime a scheduled backup runs, it gives the error:

domain xxxxxxxxx.com
Entry point https://xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx:8443
Following error is occured during scheduled backup process:

Couldn't resolve host 'ftp:'
The error is sent via email to the server administrator.

You've got to go to the scheduled backup and click the 'OK' button to get it to stop. When the backup runs next time, or a new backup runs, it keeps doing it until you click the 'OK' button. It continues to run the same backup until you click it.

Back