• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP configuration file - limit users

MislavO

Regular Pleskian
Hello, i was investigating high CPU load on one of my server and after few days i figure it out that FTP is problem, specifically FTP connections and uploading files (first i tuned fast cgi/apache configuration and i've seen difference, but in some parts of the days, there was extreamly high load on server, which gets to my problem, FTP). I've noticed that default configuration (which i'm not sure where is exactly) is not suitable for my server and i have to do something about it.

I've found this:
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=60036

and i guess post #4 is solution to all the problems, but one thing that is making problems to me, and thats why i created this topic is, i'm unable to find where should i "put" this variables.

I've tryed to put this values in /etc/proftpd.conf, restart /etc/init.d/xinetd restart, but no effect, i didn't limit user connections per IP and other variables (usually high CPU happens when any user wants to upload a lot of files and i can see in logs that he open like 200 connection).

Anyone know where should this go ?

Last edited:
Bump.

Somehow it works now, i setup variables again and restarted xinitd service, so i just want to let you all know that this is working. Happy limiting to the FTP !

Last edited:
Back