• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ftp error: user cannot log on, home directory inaccessible.

W

williamfock

Hi guys,

Our D Drive which hosted the VHOSTS crashed and we restored the contents from a backup. However we encountered this issue: "530 User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible."

Tried the following KB help http://kb.odin.com/en/549 but still having the same error.

Please help....

Check to see the permissions on the home directory. In my experience the Plesk tools do not reliably recreate the permissions unless you recreate teh entire domain from scratch AFTER renaming the old one to something else (so there aren't any conflicts). It's a time-consuming mess to recreate everything, but I've done this four times now and it has succeeded each time.

ftpmng

"%plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe" --remove-all
"%plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe" --reconfigure-all

This should have corrected the issue. If no; there is something seriously wrong

I tried
Hi guys,

Our D Drive which hosted the VHOSTS crashed and we restored the contents from a backup. However we encountered this issue: "530 User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible."

Tried the following KB help http://kb.odin.com/en/549 but still having the same error.

Please help....

and

"%plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe" --remove-all
"%plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe" --reconfigure-all

This should have corrected the issue. If no; there is something seriously wrong

Also, deleted and re added domain in plesk. But still FTP is not working and getting same error.

I have a Plesk 8.6. anything else left in parallels pocket ?

My guess is that when you deleted and recreated the domain, you used the same FTP username. Try it again, but this time use a DIFFERENT username. This makes a difference, because there might be traces of the previous account that remain from a prior account, and those traces can cause issues with correct propagation of account permissions.

From my experiense there might be two more causes:

1) Server hostname is longer than 15 symbols (can be checked through Start > Run > cmd > hostname);
2) Running Application Layer Gateway (ALG) service may also prevent this from working.

Hope this helps.

I have exactly the same problem with ftp.

I moved from server A to server B with the plesk migrator and suddenly I have this mess....

I am running multiple domains on our server, having many ftp accounts. They all work fine, except for this one domain, no matter how many accounts I create, none of them is working for that particular domain. I have checked the folder permissions, which are ok.

This is a very bad situation because the domain owner is waiting to uploas a new look to his site.

Any ideas?

Try doing a permissions check for the domain from the control panel.

From the listing of the domains, select the check box corresponding to the domain with the issue and click on "check permissions"

Back