• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP hangs then timesout after server restart

elstrongo2

New Pleskian
Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered, but I've had a look through the forums and can't find an obvious solution.

Issue is after I perform a server restart, via the Server Management tab in Plesk (v12.0.18_build1200140606.15 os_CentOS 6), I can't login via FTP to any user accounts either existing or newly setup after restart. My FTP client hangs then timesout. I'm using Transmit on OSX 10.8.5 but have tried other clients with no success. My hosting company have fixed it on a couple of occasions stating 'The issue appears to have been caused by some incorrect entries within the IPTables on the server'.

I'm still finding my way around and fairly new to Plesk, as well as server management. Could someone point me in the direction of where I can resolve this myself in the future. As the VPS server is unmanaged and I would rather not receive an invoice (at £100ph) for fixing this if it's an ongoing issue.

Many thanks in advance.
Andy

Back