• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue FTP not working

Hello!

I have a personal home server: an old PC with Debian 8.8 and Plesk Onyx 17.5. I have a public IP, 8x.8x.2xx.1xx, assigned to my router, and a local, private IP, 192.168.144.100, assigned to my PC. I've done this by binding the IP to the MAC-address of the old PC.

Everything is running fine except the FTP connections. When I try to connect to the server via FTP, I get the following messages:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/" is the current directory
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Type set to I
Command: PORT 192,168,144,2,200,228
Response: 200 PORT command successful
Command: MLSD
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/" is the current directory
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Type set to I
Command: PORT 192,168,144,2,200,231
Response: 200 PORT command successful
Command: MLSD
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

I have forwarded all ports in my router to the address assigned to my old PC (192.168.144.100). I also added the public IP in Plesk Settings -> IP Addresses. And I configured the Passive Ports range in /etc/proftpd.conf

When I try to connect via SFTP - SSH, I get the following error: "Error: Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server".

How can I fix this?

Hi,

I see here two issues. One with passive FTP, second with SFTP. My answer about the first issue with passive FTP.

Server return 'Command: PORT 192,168,144,2,200,231' - 192.168.144.2. So, a client can't connect with private IP and disconnect with a timeout. Could you see Cannot connect to FTP in passive mode and check MasqueradeAddress in config file too.

Subsystem sftp internal-sftp worked for me as IgorG detalled but now subscription user A can list all /var
Can this be done like user can only list /var/www/usersubscription.com ?

Back