• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue FTP not working

Hello!

I have a personal home server: an old PC with Debian 8.8 and Plesk Onyx 17.5. I have a public IP, 8x.8x.2xx.1xx, assigned to my router, and a local, private IP, 192.168.144.100, assigned to my PC. I've done this by binding the IP to the MAC-address of the old PC.

Everything is running fine except the FTP connections. When I try to connect to the server via FTP, I get the following messages:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/" is the current directory
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Type set to I
Command: PORT 192,168,144,2,200,228
Response: 200 PORT command successful
Command: MLSD
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/" is the current directory
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Type set to I
Command: PORT 192,168,144,2,200,231
Response: 200 PORT command successful
Command: MLSD
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

I have forwarded all ports in my router to the address assigned to my old PC (192.168.144.100). I also added the public IP in Plesk Settings -> IP Addresses. And I configured the Passive Ports range in /etc/proftpd.conf

When I try to connect via SFTP - SSH, I get the following error: "Error: Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server".

How can I fix this?

Hi,

I see here two issues. One with passive FTP, second with SFTP. My answer about the first issue with passive FTP.

Server return 'Command: PORT 192,168,144,2,200,231' - 192.168.144.2. So, a client can't connect with private IP and disconnect with a timeout. Could you see Cannot connect to FTP in passive mode and check MasqueradeAddress in config file too.

Subsystem sftp internal-sftp worked for me as IgorG detalled but now subscription user A can list all /var
Can this be done like user can only list /var/www/usersubscription.com ?

Back