1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

ftp over ssl

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by castortroy, Aug 8, 2005.

1. castortroy

castortroy Guest

is it generally possible to allow site-2-site transfers and ftp-over-ssl for specific domains or subdomains?

or do i have to edit a special config file? will it be overwritten of plesk?

thanks for your help!

greetings

castortroy

*edit:

i just found a working solution for site2site transfers...

click

remains the ssl question...

2. poke

poke Guest

Under hosting setup you'll need to enable /bin/bash chrooted to enable sftp ... This will allow the user to only view his/her directories......

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong....

3. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

4. castortroy

castortroy Guest

thanks so far...

ftp over ssh is not a solution for me...

i already knew the ftp/tls howto, but my question was rather how to configure a plesk system to use ftps (per domain - if possible)...

greetings

5. HopChop

HopChop Guest

jamesyeeoc: do you know of anyone running TLS on Proftpd on a plesk-machine?

We've tried to get it to work following the How-To. On a debian-box there were no problems, but on our plesk-server running RHEL3 the server replies with that auth TLS isn't understood when trying to connect. The configurations are identical so we're wondering if maybe psa-proftpd isn't compiled to support TLS? Anyone running FTP with TLS on a plesk-server?

6. manipogo

manipogo New Pleskian

>Anyone running FTP with TLS on a plesk-server?

I know this is an old thread I have FTP with TLS running on Plesk (7.5.4).

There is a good how-to here: http://forum.ev1servers.net/showthread.php?t=43169

It's a cpanel tutorial, but works for plesk (although some directories are different)

All you need to do is edit your proftd.conf file. Follow the instructions for creating a cert and restart proftpd. Viola.