• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP repository backup don't work

J

Jose CarlosR

Hi!

I upgraded a server to plesk 11 and now, the server don't make the backups on the FTP repository, I have the option to back on the FTP repository
but I keep it in the server, don't show any error

know someone who can be?

I'm sure there's space, also I have other servers making backups on the same FTP with PLESK versions 9 and 10, and working.
My version is PLESK 11 on CENTOS 6.2

Best regards

Just to be sure: please go to SHELL and type:

ftp yourftprespserver.com

You should have an FTP connection, let me know if you do ...

Yes, it does the conecttion.
I have other developer server with plesk 9, this server does backups on ftp server of 6.5 Gb size.
I have upgraded this server to plesk 11, but now don't work backup server on ftp repository.
the same server, the same ftp but with plesk 9, work and plesk 11 don't work

I would like to help you, perhaps PM me or come chat with me on skype: thegreatseven

Hi,

I have update 2 servers from 10.4.4 to 11.0.9.
One have the same problem described here.
Backup workes fine, but only locally, not transfered to ftp.
There is space enough @ftp, connection working fine too.
Manually backup (only configuration) was put to the ftp, manually and nightly builds including data only locally stored.
The one (only config) backup is well shown at "ftp repository".
The different server works fine at all.

Ideas welcome.

dischneider

Hi abdi

I can send you the access root from my developer server, you can try every thing that you like to test ftp backup.
please, send me tou email for sen you the access root

best regards!!

Hi,

I found the error and issued it.
Plesk 11 seems to change something with backup mechanism.
At my server I tried to do a manual backup with verbose logging and output.
Plesk created the backup like expected in /var/lib/psa/dumps.
After the complete work of local backup plesk tried to create a package to upload to ftp.
The package will be located in /opt/psa/PMM/tmp -> this is part of my root-fs, which is designed small as needed.
No variable or temporary data has to be there!
So my root-fs run out of space, backup ran into an error and was closed with "successs" only locally.

Workaround:
I used a temporary folder in my backup-filesystem, where /var/lib/psa/dumps is located too and linked it (symbolic link) to /opt/psa/PMM/tmp.
Now everything works fine like needed.

Hope it would help you too.

dischneider

I have a question
when I create a symbolic link with:
ln -s /var/lib/psa /dumps/opt/psa/PMM/tmp

I think also a directory in /var/lib/psa/dumps called tmp, is that correct?
that directory is recursive, if you spit back to the same folder so on reaching infinite create these directories:
/var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp/tmp/tmp/tmp/tmp/tmp/tmp/tmp/tmp/tmp.....

when I create the simbolic link the /var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp should not be created, do you?

You should not set the tmp folder into /var/lib/psa/dumps
I created it as /var/lib/psa/tmp because /var/lib/psa is my backup mountpoint.
You should change it to some folder you can use as temporary space (maybe /tmp/psa /var/tmp/psa /var/psa.tmp or wherever you have space enough) and should be conform to fhs.

Thats what I did:

/etc/init.d/psa stop
mkdir /var/lib/psa/tmp
chown psaadm:psaadm /var/lib/psa/tmp
chmod 755 /var/lib/psa/tmp
rm /opt/psa/PMM/tmp
ln -s /var/lib/psa/tmp /opt/psa/PMM/tmp
/etc/init.d/psa start

dischneider

I solved the problem
backups are stored at /usr/loca/psa/PMM/tmp, usr folder have limited space to 1 GB
I deleted the /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp and I created a symbolic link from /var/lib/psa/tmp to /usr/local/psa /PMM/tmp

in this way work fine!!!

Fine, gratulations.
It's the way psa where psa is living, in some systems (like my) it's /opt/psa and in other systems (like yours) it's /usr/local/psa ...

But you resolved it finally!

greetings

dischneider

Back