• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Set up help

ShamirP

New Pleskian
Hi Guys,

I was woundring if anyone could help me as i'm going round in circules without any success.

I'm a newbie with Plesk and figuring out my way round plesk.

I'm install the Plesk on a Windows 2008 R2 server using IIS the main webserver.

I have been able to create a cleint work space with there own DB, however the FTP site just doesn't work..I noticed that any time a user would log in they would see a 530 error. After digging deep i could see the FTP folder was pointing to D:\Plesk\Inetpub\vhosts\Servers\4, however all the files all clients website where D:\Plesk\Inetpub\vhosts.
So i changed the path and restarted the service..

however this didn't help.

I found this page http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?114873-FTP-problem-(530)-for-ALL-sites-Help! and tried to these two command.

"%plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe" --remove-all
"%plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe" --reconfigure-all

I noticed after running the first line, my ftp server was removed from the IIS list.

When i ran the second command is saw the following

C:\Users\Administrator>"%plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe" --reconfigure-all
command --reconfigure-all not supported. Possible commands is:
--help
--install
--update-anon-ftp
--add-ip-address
--remove-ip-address
--change-ip-address
--update-explicit-ssl
--set-certificate-hash
--remove-all
--update-user
--update-users
--rename-user
--remove-user
--remove-users-from-ips
--set-disk-quota
--get-disk-usage
--list-sessions
--kill-session
--get-log-directory
--get-ftp-passive-port-range
--get-ftp-passive-port-range-default
--set-ftp-passive-port-range
--set-ftp-passive-port-range-default

Does anyone have any solutions or been stuck in the same situation?

thanks

Sham

Hello.

It is correct that client actually logs to D:\Plesk\Inetpub\vhosts\Servers\4 because there is a link to domain home fodder inside that folder. I believe that problem is that client connect to the site using wrong IP address. Client is able to FTP to its domain using only certain IP address on which domain physical is configured. Number 4 means FTP site id in IIS. You need to check on which IP address domain hosting (in Plesk) is created and use it to connect.

Hi all, After playing around with this over and over again and trolling through the logs, i didn't find it was the same problem as found in the link above.... So the users needed to log on with computername\username.

Thanks for the help

Back