• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

FTP - Unable to write to a directory named 'lib'

ESKIS

New Pleskian
Hi,

Is there any security policy in PLESK that may result in restricting FTP write access to any directory named like 'lib' or 'etc', ?

Issue :

I have created a 'mj' FTP user via PLESK, to access a spécific directory : "/dev.trunk-v2" which points in fact to "/var/www/vhosts/c014.eskis.eskis.wk-factory.com/dev.trunk-v2"

In this directory, among a bunch of others on which I have no write access isssues, there is a 'lib' directory, with the following rights :

drwxr-xr-x 25 wkf_clt_014 psacln 4096 juil. 31 17:47 lib/

Problem i that in this 'lib' directory (and only in that directory) the user 'mj' is not allowed to create or modify anything...

Notes :

Connecting through the 'wkf_clt_014' FTP login (that points to the "/var/www/vhosts/c014.eskis.eskis.wk-factory.com/" directory) let's write to the "dev.trunk-v2/lib" directory.

'mj' is member of the 'psacln' group :
==
root@eskis:/var/www/vhosts/c014.eskis.eskis.wk-factory.com# groups mj
mj : psacln
==

Thanks for your help,

I have exactly the same issue (not able to publish something in a /lib/ directory with a specific FTP user).
I have Plesk 12.5.30.

Does someone find a solution to this issue?

Back