• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Ftp user update problem

CahitE

Basic Pleskian
When i try to update an ftp password from web hosting settings it returns me an error as :

The component __ssi_support was not installed

hos should i solve this .

Did you check in Server components that SSI is really installed? Try to refresh components list.

I have a simular problem since Plesk 10.x install overtop of Plesk 9.x

We've lost ftp ability into Plesk 10.x
We're using Gene6FTP Server.

Users/customers are showing in Gene6FTP
FTP client can authenticate with username/password but cannot retrieve directory/files or upload directory/files.

Current working paths were not changed and remain at /httpdocs/

Oh... Gene6FTP not supported? After all these years Plesk CP always supported Gene6FTP...

If Parallels does not support Gene6FTP, and since our servers were upgraded from Plesk 9.x which used Gene6FTP,
can we now simply remove Gene6FTP and Plesk will create the users in MS FTP Server? I'll take a look the link you sent.

Thank you greatly for pointing this out.

The document you reference says
Microsoft FTP Server 6
Microsoft FTP Server 7

... in Plesk CP it gives the option of:
FTP Publishing Service 7.0
Gene6FTP Server 3.10.0.2
Microsoft FTP Service (not installed)
Serv-U FTP Server (not installed)

So I ask... if Gene6FTP no longer works with Plesk CP 10.x why is it an option that is
available in Plesk Components/FTP Server Component?

... Another question where I'm getting confused is
What is the difference between FTP Publishing Service 7.0(sounds like it's Microsoft's FTP Publishing Service)
... and I have Microsoft FTP Server and Client installed but cannot get Plesk CP Microsoft FTP Service
to show (installed)... I've refreshed many times...

In Win2k8x64 I have IIS FTP Publishing Service
FTP Server
FTP Management Console
... all showing their installed.

I believe there is a bug in Plesk CP 10.x with FTP services.
For one if Plesk CP 10.x does not work with Gene6FTP anymore it should not be a valid
option in Components. Also, there is no difference between FTP Server 7 and Microsoft FTP
Service.

Igor, can you please check into this? I'd greatly appreciate it. I've lost FTP capability which means
my customers no longer have FP or WebExpressions upload/download publishing capability...

Thanks!

Dave

I can say only that if Gene6FTP isn't present in Release Notes - nobody guarantees correct operation in Plesk.

also it might be problem with directory's rights on upgrade because gene6ftp (v3.10.0) works on clear installation

Thank you both for writing back...
If it is a permissions issue, what is the best way to fix this? It's only happened since installation of Plesk 10.x overtop of a perfectly tuned and smooth running Plesk 9.x.

Plesk < 9.x used to have Plesk ReConfigurator which I believe had a function to set Permissions. I don't believe Plesk 10.x has this anymore.

I found that Plesk 10.x has Reconfigurator called PP Reconfigurator. I'm hoping that if the FTP issues that have been plaguing me since Plesk 10.x install will be corrected once I run the permissions check/fix.

pp10 has reconfigurator: start->allprograms->parallels->panel->pp reconfigurator - you can try 'check component and folder permissions'
also you can check permissions via gui.

Back