• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ftpmng --update-user failed

I

issentials

Hi,

I've just setup Plesk 8.1 for Windows. I've got Windows 2003 where IIS and FTP are running. Before installing Plesk I manually setup websites and ftp accounts. However, in order to protect each customer folder in FTP, I had to create a new MS-FTP server next to the default ftp server created by windows, which I called "customer" in isolation mode. For isolation mode to work, I had to create a folder called "localuser".

All web pages are stored on the D:\ drive, D:\Inetpub\www_root to be exact. Plesk uses folder d:\inetpub\vhosts. My isolated FTP server "customer" is pointing to D:\Inetpub\www_root where the default FTP server is pointing to C:\Inetpub\www_root.

When I try to add a domain with hosting using plesk I get a strange error message "Unable to update hosting preferences: Update FTP user failed: ftpmng --update-user failed: Virtual host Customer on IP address already exists". I can see that the domain is added in the DNS server but no website has been created nor an FTP account.

Can anybody help me with this issue? Is my FTP server setup ok or is there something special I need to look into?

Thanks for helping.
Franky Smith

Seems Plesk has found these users on your FTP server "customer" - please remove it or set home directory to empty folder.

Hi,
The issue seems with the binding of ip address in IIS. you should check the binding of that specific ip address in iis ftp sites and you need to unbind it.The ip with you are trying to create new domain is already delicately bonded with another website or ftpsite manually in IIS that's why plesk database is not allowing to create new domains or ftp users on that ip address.
Instructions provided here by plesk team are not that much explanatory to resolve the issue.i have faced this issue many times and i had to go through some additional troubleshooting steps, i prepared a post so others can avail the benefits of it.
Please check the below URL:-
http://blog.geek4support.com/?p=50

Thanks
Geek4Support Team
http://blog.geek4support.com

Back