1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Game server Firewall issue

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Linux' started by ArtashesM, Sep 20, 2012.

1. ArtashesM

ArtashesM New Pleskian

Hi All,
    I am trying to run a minecraft game server on a virtual server that is managed by Plesk 11.09.
    So far I have configured the Firewall to accept the input (and just in case output ) from

tcp dpts:25560:25575
    udp dpts:25560:25575

The game server currently runs on by default on port 25565. The issue I am encountering is in the following, when I connect to the server first time through a particular port the game runs fine, however in a few minutes it disconnects and I can not connect to it through the same port again. If I change the port and restart the server I can connect to it, but the same issue occurs again. So I keep wondering is there any other security mechanism running on a server by default that I am not aware of ?

Thanks in advance for your time and replies

2. ArtashesM

ArtashesM New Pleskian

Help ?

Any help or a pointing into a direction where to look at would be greatly appreciated