• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Gateway timeout

cits

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Se Edition Version 18.0.61 Update #5
I am using an aws cloud instance with latest plesk obsidian to run some wordpress websites. One of the website has about 30gb of contents. Currently I am getting was Gateway timeout from nginx. After searching for some fixes, found Issue - Prestashop 8 : very slow and error "504 Gateway Time-out - Nginx" and I stopped nginx. For every restart of apache, the site runs for some minutes and then get the gateway timeout error

Probably too many requests are sent to the web server so that it is getting slower and slower with every new request. You can
a) Check the access_log of the web server whether bad bots are hitting the website. Block them.
b) Check the number of PHP-FPM instances that are created (ps aux | grep php-fpm). If there are many for your website, but (a) has already been ruled out, reduce the max script runtime in the PHP settings drastically (e.g. to only 5 seconds), as there seem to be long running scripts in your website.
c) Make sure that your shop can access resources fast. If the shop has to wait on resources, many additional PHP-FPM instances can build-up which will again result in the webserver to become unresponsive. Does the shop wait on responses from external sources for example?

Back