• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Gene6 FTP - help with multiple accounts

O

orangesites

Hi everyone,

I am very happy with Gene6 FTP integration, it works great to add as many ftp users as I want, set folder permissions and so on...

EXCEPT THAT:
As soon as I add a new domain name to my server, Plesk seems to SYNCHRONIZE its own list of ftp accounts with the Gene6 FTP server ftp accounts list, overriding and ersasing my additional ftp accounts. I bought and installed Gene6 in order to be able to manage my ftp accounts as I wish but Plesk doesn't seem to agree.

I think this is definitely a bug in the compatibility between the two. This is a very important deal for me, please let me know if someone has a fix or any type of information on this issue.

Thank you,
Ludo

Unfortunately there is no any fix for this issue, becuase evere time you do hosting management (e.g. add new domain) , plesk runs its internal utilitites to reconfigure web, ftp services etc. It reconfigures them according to own database annd as sequence you got delted custom made accounts. As I know sw-soft have some plans to implement ability to add additional ftp users but they said that it will be not very quicly....

Back