• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved General Problem with Sub-Domain Creation in PLESK

PQuest

New Pleskian
Whenever I create a Sub-Domain in PLESK it might work once for one domain let's say for "name1.domain.com" and for "name2.domain.com" it wouldn't work. I could not figure out what is responsible for that issue. Often it works for the first Sub-Domain under any Webname and for the second it already would not work in most cases, but for the third it would work again. With the domain name it has nothing to do, since it is a simply and short name without any specifics. The site stays not reachable after the invalid Sub-Domain creation and cannot be previewed. It has to do with the Nameserving, but with what exactly I'm not sure. PLESK is full up-to-date, all other things seem to work fine, the servers software and hardware are in proper condition and well administrated. PLESK acts as the first Nameserver and the checkbox in site-creation for the DNS service with subdomains is checked. if a subdomain failed once to be created, it would never work, no matter what the admin does for it. the strange thing is, that it most times works, but sometimes mostly (not always) at the second subdomain name of a single domain it fails
without any other circumstances in place.

Who else knows this particular error and how can I get rid of it?

Hi PQuest,

to investigate your described issues, people willing to help you need to know the FQDN, so that investigations are possible. At the moment, we could only guess what might be misconfigured, which leads to an enormous amount of possible root causes. :(

In addition, pls. consider to include your "panel.log", as Plesk logs its actions there and don't forget to include YOUR current used Plesk version ( incl. #MU ) and the current used operating system. ;)

Sometimes, it is as well a good idea to change the log - level ( TEMPORARILY! ), to get more informations in Plesk - log - files:

Back