• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Generate Domain Keys

C

Colin de Rooy

Is there a way to generate a new domain key for a domain to enter into the dns. I have a client who deleted their domainkey dns entry for their domain.

I want to generate it again. I have looked all over to find out how to gerenate the domainkey again but no luck.

Thanks,

Try the following:

1. Reset the clients DNS zone to your default template.

2. Under the domains mail configuration turn Domain Keys off then back on.

Let me know how it goes.

Christopher.

BUMP!

As of 11.5.xx this will only re-generate DomainKeys DNS entries for the subscribers primary domain.

In fact if there are DomainKeys DNS entries under any domains for that subscriber, turning the option under Mail configuration off only removes the entries from the primary domain, all the other subscribers domains retain the DNS entries, likewise when you turn it back on, only the primary domain gets regenerated DomainKeys DNS entries, the other domains stay as they were.

Is there a way to regenerate entries for any/all domains under a subscription?

Hopefully this will help anyone else who stumbles upon this thread.. Several hours later, and extrapolating from another thread regarding mass changes across an entire server, I have now performed this on only a handful of domains and can confirm that it works.

For a subscribers primary domain, the Plesk switch works just fine, turn it off, then back on again, DNS entries created and DomainKeys work.

For any other domains, you can do the same thing at the command line (turn it off which removes the entries - if they're still there, then back on again which regenerates the DomainKeys DNS entries correctly for that domain):

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain_pref -u your-domain-name.com -sign_outgoing_mail false

Give it a few seconds, refresh the DNS zones view in Plesk to confirm if you like..

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain_pref -u your-domain-name.com -sign_outgoing_mail true

Again, refresh in Plesk and there's your DNS entries back!

The -sign_outgoing_mail switch tells Plesk to use DomainKeys signing for that domain, /usr/local/psa/bin/domain_pref -h will give you more information about the scripts full capabilities.

(CentOS 6.5 x64, Plesk 11.5.30 Update #41)

Thanks alot BikeBoy you saved me!
i my case i needed to turn it off per domain.

I think there is sort of mismatch / bug in plesk 12, because i turn DomainKeys spam protection > Allow signing outgoing mail > OFF.
This should do something with the subscriptions main domainnames, like create of delete DNS entries as you wrote above.

But in my case i have my DNS settings with a 3rd party. So the emails i send are signed with a key and i didnt add any DNS entries (this is bad), this causes a bad signture (emails are junked or never arrived).
Now my next step to use domainkeys again is to find the keys that plesk generates when i turn domainkeys back on?
So that i can add the keys to my DNS list.

I hope you can help me out here!!
Thx

Eric

Back