• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Getting error while installing spam assassin on Plesk 12.0.18 Windows

Shikha1

New Pleskian
Hi All,

I am trying to install Spam assassin on Plesk 12.0.18 on windows server 2012 r2 . I am getting error:

Error: Unable to set Plesk SpamAssassin 3.3.2 as the default Spam Filter: defpackagemng failed: Execute spammng.exe --check failed with error code 1: Unable generate the unique file name by template D:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\Perl\site\\etc\\mail\\spamassassin\\local.cf[*].bak: directory D:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\Perl\site\etc\mail\spamassassin does not exist

I have tried re-installing and installing spam assassin from command and as per the solution given in below KB:

http://kb.odin.com/en/122332

But I an still not able to install in on the server. I have checked all directory paths are correctly located.

Please help me on this as i got stuck in middle of my important work due to this error.

upload_2014-10-12_14-47-15.png

Contact Support Team if KB article doesn't help. Supporters will check this issue directly on your server.

Check if this path D:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\Perl\site\etc\mail\spamassassin present on your server. Also check if plesk has permission t o edit this folder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is what parallels updated:

I am glad to inform you that the issue has been resolved. I have enabled the Spamassassin on the server successfully.

This issue was already reported earlier. SpamAssassin component in Plesk was not installed successfully due to custom Plesk installation path.

To resolve this issue I followed below steps:

1. I created the folder '/share/spamassasin' under '%plesk_dir%\Additional\Perl\site\'

2. Then copied the file 'user_prefs.template' from '%plesk_dir%\Additional\SpamAssassin\rules\' to "D:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\Perl\site\share\spamassassin".

3. I changed below entries for: SpamFilterUserConfigTemplateFile and SpamFilterSiteConfigsPath in Windows Registry path: HKLM > Software > Wow6432Node > Plesk > Config to:

+++++++++

SpamFilterUserConfigTemplateFile
D:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\Perl\site\share\spamassasin\user_prefs.template

SpamFilterSiteConfigsPath
D:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\Perl\site\etc\mail\spamassassin\local.cf

+++++++++

4. After that I successfully enabled SpamAssassin in Tools & Settings > Server components.

This behavior of SpamAssassin software is already reported to Plesk Service team and confirmed as bug '#PPPM-1716', which will be fixed in future updates and release.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'#PPPM-1716' does not mention steps which are done by tech.

http://kb.odin.com/en/122358

Further there typo mistake in above solution so anyone apply changes should pay attention and cross check KB also.

We are getting other issue as well in Plesk. Opening separate thread, this time with stats :( and its happening on windows 2012R2 only windows 2008r2 is fine.

Back