• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Good mail configuration

GravuTrad

Regular Pleskian
I have lots of problem with mail server configuration.

my ptr seems not good, my dmarc too, and i got this in the maillog:

spamassassin[30858]: cannot get sender domain
spamassassin[30858]: Unable to intialize spamassassin mail handler
postfix-local[30857]: Error during 'spam' handler
dk_check[30859]: cannot get sender domain
dk_check[30859]: Unable to intialize dk_check mail handler
postfix-local[30857]: Error during 'dd52-domainkeys' handler
dmarc[30860]: cannot get sender domain
dmarc[30860]: Unable to intialize dmarc mail handler
postfix-local[30857]: Error during 'dmarc' handler
postfix-local[30857]: Could not change Return-Path in message envelope(SRS): No at sign in sender address
check-quota[30868]: cannot get sender domain
check-quota[30868]: Unable to intialize check-quota mail handler
journal: plesk sendmail[30867]: Error during 'check-quota' handler

Almost mails out weel, but few one (free, la poste, gmx, ...) are taken as spam (cause this bad configuration)

What's wrong and what's the good process to have outgoing mails good for all mailboxes.

Thanks.

I would suggest you first of all run these two commands:

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
# plesk repair mail

I tried. No problem solved. I check it in time and comme back here.

But in dns tests i have this:

FAIL
Acceptance of abuse Mailserver rejected mail to abuse. Mailservers are required by RFC 2142 Section 2 to have a valid abuse address that is accepting mail.

163.172.86.184 unexpected response to [RCPT TO: ] 550 5.1.1 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

and this:

Resolved - dmarc check on internal mail

Thanks for this useful help.

Does it exist a system (postfix and qmail, and maybe dns entry?) in plesk to put it in all domains in one shot?

Up for my question, and big another one question:

I use blacklist for the antispam AND magicspam free. But blacklisted ips and adresses are stil back in the mails arrived. So the protections seems to be not effective...and this is a real problem cause i have lots of spam received. Why spam can bypass all this? Thanks.

Last edited:
Up for my question, and big another one question:
I use blacklist for the antispam AND magicspam free. But blacklisted ips and adresses are stil back in the mails arrived. So the protections seems to be not effective...and this is a real problem cause i have lots of spam received. Why spam can bypass all this? Thanks.
since you allready use magicspam extension, take into consider to register for free at BarracudaCentral.org and add the Barracuda Reputation Block List (BRBL) in the settings section to the RBL (Realtime Blackhole Lists) of magicspam extension.

New up for my question
perhaps this might help you: How to manage mailboxes via CLI? & How to create several mailboxes at once using a single command or a script?

Last edited:
Thanks for your interesting answer.

Two questions about the two subjects:

1- why particurarly this RBL?

2-how are these methods of mail creation impacting the domains? (one domain? all? no domain: only server?)

Thanks again.

1- why particurarly this RBL?
upload_2018-4-28_7-1-18.png
for me it is the more efficient RBL as you can see in the screenshot, perhaps there are others RBLs around too as the default once in the Magicspam extention.

Last edited:
2-how are these methods of mail creation impacting the domains? (one domain? all? no domain: only server?)

It depends on how you use it, the complete detailed Docu you can find her: mail: Mail Accounts

Done for Barracuda
just for interesting - what is you expirience with it ? - well would be perhaps also interesting for others...

kind regards
Brujo

Last edited:
To the abuse mails, does it need to be created with or without box?

To barracuda, i haven't any experience with it, i just installed it yesterday.

Back