• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Goodbye Plesk

D

deeplist

I am sorry to say that after over a decade of using Plesk software on my servers, I am no longer going to continue. I have officially began the migration process to a competitor panel. The reason that I am starting this thread is to give you guys a little bit of information as to why I have made this choice.

You guys do an extremely poor job of supporting your software. I am sorry to say, but it's true. Tickets can take days before they're answered. Posts on this forum go unanswered. Oh, and post activity on this forum that sheds ANY kind of negative light on Plesk is always deleted by the moderation. (This topic will probably be deleted now that I think about it.) It's like pulling teeth to try and get anybody to help out. We're paying customers for Christ's sake!

Your software is buggy. It's almost always realeased prematurely. There are always problems and no solutions other than the "work-arounds" that the community comes up with ON OUR OWN. Plesk version 10+ has been a nightmare to upgrade since day one. The "new interface" is a joke and my clients absolutely hate it, but nobody at parallels seems to care.

I'm sorry to say, but you will no longer be getting any of my money. I don't feel you deserve it anymore. Good luck Parallels, because another upset customer is walking.

You guys do an extremely poor job of supporting your software. I am sorry to say, but it's true. Tickets can take days before they're answered. Posts on this forum go unanswered. Oh, and post activity on this forum that sheds ANY kind of negative light on Plesk is always deleted by the moderation. (This topic will probably be deleted now that I think about it.) It's like pulling teeth to try and get anybody to help out. We're paying customers for Christ's sake!

Your software is buggy. It's almost always realeased prematurely. There are always problems and no solutions other than the "work-arounds" that the community comes up with ON OUR OWN. Plesk version 10+ has been a nightmare to upgrade since day one. The "new interface" is a joke and my clients absolutely hate it, but nobody at parallels seems to care.

I'm sorry to say, but you will no longer be getting any of my money. I don't feel you deserve it anymore. Good luck Parallels, because another upset customer is walking.

Were you here few years ago? I would say things are definitely going to better direction. I was about to ditch Plesk completely as well, but to me it seems Parallels is starting to realize something.
I do not see anymore dozens of threads where people are crying and yelling how bad Plesk is.

Plesk could certainly do a better job with documentation. The Plesk Administrators guide is a joke.
I am seriously considering moving to another panel. This post clearly shows your attitude toward your customers

http://forum.parallels.com/pda/index.php/t-111212.html

Really Igor? Contact support if you can't figure it out?

Where do I change "packages.primary_domain_id" and what is the correct value?

I may have spoken too soon
I upgraded to 10.3 and now you can create customers and service plans in the 'Hosting Services' section and push them to the business manager instead of the other way around which was the source of my current frustration

Still very disappointed with the documentation

": )

I have been paying for the Plesk panel since 2004, that is now 7 years and I have been through a lot of hell with it. It has cost me a lot of money to 3rd party people and spending upto weeks at a time to fix them.

I believe that the when paying for such a product it should come with certain level of service. The only thing that I think I am still paying for is for Parallels to monitor my product licence.

Plesk releases a paid and non-paid version and then sell the support services to both. This is not fair to the people paying every month and get no or limited support.

I use to be very active in this forum until these boards where updated and my message count set to 0. It once was very active and solutions where achievable ... these days everyone just hangs out for Igor.

To fix my issues going from 9.5 to 10.3 I went to another website (www.elance.com) and paid $200 USD for them to fix the problem and then spent my entire weekend fixing the little problems. Otherwise I go through many phone calls everyday from the users of the server telling me about the problems they experience .. more of my time wasted on Plesk.

I have given up on Plesk ... and I only upgraded because services in 9.5 stopped working or become very buggy and I received lots of phone calls from customers.

Plesk really needs to stop the free products for a while .. get everyone to update to the current versions and stop all support on the older versions. Support your paying customers otherwise your not going to have any!!

There are a lot of FREE server products out there on the market with a better support community than Parallels.

I am using PLESK since version 7.x and in same time I am used competitor products as well (free and paid).
I am not saying PLESk is the best, I am not saying competitors are better or not. Each control panel have his own plus/minuses.

It is same in any business. Like for example some people like Corel Draw, some Adobe Illustrator some Xara X. All 3 is good and all 3 have bad parts.

So, now since a few years with PLESK, I can say that if you learn the bad parts of PLESK, then you can manage very easy all of your problems, there is always a workaround. Because I have choosed PLESK and I started to learn all his good and weak points, I have dropped competitors, but I am still using on some client servers. Same problems like in PLESK, just an another server.

Community is good enough for PLESK, if I can, I always help here and there is a few dozens of people who do the same. So I think almost all issues you can find on forum and have a fix for it.
To pay a lot of money on elance, or other freelance sites, I think is bad, better Parallels should open here on forum a support (paid) and people who can do the job, help you out.

I am monitorizing elance, freelance etc sites and usually I see people offering PLESK support without too much knowledge, so I think (not sure) that in most of the case if you pay 200USD for them, here an expert guy can do in half of time maybe lesser money (or same, but downtime is cost you money anyway).

I hope my thoughts will help some people :)

Support is way better these days. Since parallels took on plesk it has improved by leaps and bounds. It takes a while as you have to change things, but they are.

Issues are actively addressed on the forums now.

Tickets taken out if it's a plesk issue, they are refunded.

Suggestions are generally implemented, if not certainly discussed.

Moderation on approval of posts is removed, so you don't have to wait until your issue is posted.

Parallels now is implementing parallels experts where people who have helped out with knowledge are encouraged to participate and address issues.

I think things are improving greatly. Plesk is fully ipv6 functional!

Hey deeplist,

I would love to hear what your decision has been since you last posted. If you have had a less-than-stellar experience with us in any regard, please reach out to me in a Private Message, and I'd love to get your feedback.

Back