• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Setting Plesk as primary DNS with GoDaddy

romeopaparomeo

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.55 Update #2
Hi,

Firstly, I am a bit of a noob when it comes to managing a VPS, I have historically always used managed web hosts until recently, so I do apologise if I use the wrong terminology etc.
I have numerous domains at GoDaddy, currently they are setup pointing to the VPS and GoDaddy being the primary DNS.

I have tried a few times now to set Plesk as the primary DNS but so far had no luck.

I followed the Plesk instructions of creating new glue records / hostnames
Originally I tried to do
ns1.DOMAIN.co.uk -> IP
ns2.DOMAIN.co.uk -> IP

But it was throwing errors, I eventually managed to get it to set the hostnames by using ns1/ns2 and just the IP address.
1.PNG
So, with the above done, I followed the next steps of changing the name servers as Plesk requested.
2.PNG
I now no longer have access to the DNS records via GoDaddy of course, so it would seem it worked?
But when I go into Plesk, I get the notification saying 'Could not resolve DNS'...

It is only 1 IPv4, I do have an option to request a 2nd...

Again, sorry If my write up is hard to follow, thank you in advance for your support.

Hi,

Firstly, I am a bit of a noob when it comes to managing a VPS, I have historically always used managed web hosts until recently, so I do apologise if I use the wrong terminology etc.
I have numerous domains at GoDaddy, currently they are setup pointing to the VPS and GoDaddy being the primary DNS.

I have tried a few times now to set Plesk as the primary DNS but so far had no luck.

I followed the Plesk instructions of creating new glue records / hostnames
Originally I tried to do
ns1.DOMAIN.co.uk -> IP
ns2.DOMAIN.co.uk -> IP

But it was throwing errors, I eventually managed to get it to set the hostnames by using ns1/ns2 and just the IP address.
View attachment 24766
So, with the above done, I followed the next steps of changing the name servers as Plesk requested.
View attachment 24767
I now no longer have access to the DNS records via GoDaddy of course, so it would seem it worked?
But when I go into Plesk, I get the notification saying 'Could not resolve DNS'...

It is only 1 IPv4, I do have an option to request a 2nd...

Again, sorry If my write up is hard to follow, thank you in advance for your support.
Were you ever able to resolve this? I'm experiencing the exact same issues and can find very little help. I believe I followed the Plesk Godaddy instructions the same as you here. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Back