• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Google crawler cannot crawl my page sitewide issue error connecting to server

palletdeal

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04 x64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi all,
I've been trying for a few months to get my sitemap updated in search console, however Google cant crawl my pages due to an server connection error.

Does somebody maybe know how to resolve this issue?

Kind regards,

Marc

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your reply. I have solved the issue by disabling IP address banning.
I don't know if its necessary to have it activated, otherwise I should add all of Google's IP adresses.

Solution may not be easy in this case, at least require some work. If Google is blocked, then very likely this is due to a directory or file in a website of yours that is known to Google or used by the website, but is password-protected or protected an .htaccess rule. When the bot hits that file, it creates an entry in the error log "access denied". This will be seen by Fail2Ban so that Fail2ban treats the visit as if a real intruder tried to access protected directories or files.

You will need to check the website logs for "access denied" entries to find the root cause.

Back