• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Google Drive Backup Pro Error

sjdigital

New Pleskian
Hi, I bought the Backup to Cloud Pro version and it seems that it has some kind of limitation because it does not let me configure the backups, showing the following error message: Error message: Bad Request. To use Google Drive Backup, log out and log in again on the repository settings page. Note: You cannot configure more than 50 repositories for one Google account.

Could someone tell me if this is a Google limitation or is it a limitation of the Plesk extension?

I find it very strange that there is no warning at any point that there is a limitation of 50 repositories per account, since normally on a dedicated server hundreds of websites are hosted.

Best regards.

With the following SQL query in the Plesk database, you can see that you have more than 50 configured backups to Google Drive:

Code:
MariaDB [psa]> select count(*) from  BackupsScheduled where remoteStorage='google-drive-backup' and active='true';

If you use one Google account to backup all subscriptions, it is expected behaviour. It's possible to configure 50 backup repositories on Google Drive Backup per account only.

This is expected behaviour by the external storage solution. The following link from Google confirms that Using OAuth 2.0 to Access Google APIs:
There is currently a limit of 50 refresh tokens per user account per client. If the limit is reached, creating a new refresh token automatically invalidates the oldest refresh token without warning. This limit does not apply to service accounts.
Therefore, please consider using separate Google accounts for several subscriptions. For example, for every 49 subscriptions, use one different account.

Ok, thanks, I see that the limit is on Google's side.

I will try to configure the backups with different accounts to avoid the error.

The first solution I would try is downloading the latest Google Drive update. Like any other application, the Google Drive desktop app receives regular updates.
Each update contains many performance improvements and bug fixes. But if you haven't downloaded an update in a while, you will likely encounter various bugs in Google Backup Pro. Basically, as I see it, you have already encountered a backup problem. Personally, if I were you, I would use the easiest programs.

Back