• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Scheduled backups to FTP server don't work

dgarcia90

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello everyone,

At work we have a dedicated server with a remote FTP server. We configured the backups to be stored on that remote FTP server. It was working fine since we configured it however 2 days ago the backups started to fail.

3 days ago the remote ftp server reached the 500gb limit and the backup got stuck. We stopped the proces and we were able to get a manual backup running.

The strange thing is that manual backups to the remote ftp server do work, the schedule backups are the ones that don't.

This is the error message we see on the logs:

Unable to create the remote backup: Curl error: Unable to resume an interrupted upload: (6) Couldn't resolve host name: Last FTP request: NLST: Last FTP response: 226 7 matches total: Connection to the FTP server has lost

Again, we can perform a manual backup to the FTP server without any issues I don't get why the schedule backups is returning that kind of error.

Any idea of what I could check or try?

Thanks!

Curious, have you tried restarting the server? Sounds like Plesk is still trying to use the existing connection that was supposed to had been timeout a long time ago.

Also might want to read through the comments on this article:
I have not tried restarting the server yet and regarding the article, I cheked it already but the cURL error is different than the one I've got

Back