• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Google PageSpeed Insights. Read timed out after 10 seconds

plesky

New Pleskian
When I try to open the Google PageSpeed Insights extension for one of the websites on our server it shows "Read timed out after 10 seconds"

It works fine for all the other websites on the server.

We are running
OS ‪Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS‬
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3

Has anyone seen this before? Any idea how to fix?

thanks in advance

Try to repair settings of this site with

# plesk repair web site.com

Hello,

IMHO 10 seconds is for bigger sites to short time to perform test and get it to Plesk. I'm experiencing similar issue with some of bigger wordpress sites where vanilla test wordpress site returns valid results from Google Insights extesion.

From Plesk support ticket to anyone who is experiencing this issue:

I got a word from our developers. Just to confirm, the extension uses a 10 second default timeout which is the Zend_Http_Client timeout. As this extension is open source it can be modified in the following file and line: plesk/ext-pagespeed-insights:
$client = new Zend_Http_Client();

Please follow these steps to modify the timeout:

1. Connect to the server via SSH

2. Modify the following file:
    • vi /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/pagespeed-insights/library/Helper.php
  3. Look for the line $client = new Zend_Http_Client(); and modify as follows:
    • $client = new Zend_Http_Client('http://example.org', array('timeout' => 30));
      Note: set timeout in seconds.

I have already created a request to our developers to increase this default value to a higher one. I will contact you again within 2 business days or as soon as I receive an update on this matter.

I can see lots details about Google Speed Insights but I can’t find anything good about Backend Error. I’m trying to solve the problem but nothing works. The problem is connected with: Moje Blog – Kolejna witryna WordPress

The website has DNS (Cloudflare) and Wordpress + Newspaper.

Is there something different I can check? So far nothing has worked.

Back