• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Got problems due update.

P

Plexton

Hello,

english is not my native language, so....

Here is my problem. I tried to update my Plesk from 9.x to 10.x.

1. Due the update the Error Code 2 comes up "RegQueryValueEx valueName=pwd". Didn't know what to do, and I comfirmed this and updateed Plesk.

2. At the end at the update, by upgrading Parallels Panel core the following error message comes up and the update breaks up.

"MSI: Error! Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden. (Error code 2) at RegQueryValueEx valueName=pwd
Failed to install 'C:\45976d423fcf2d24a9c525f3c7b0a814\parallels\PANEL-WIN_11.0.9\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\plesk.msi': Schwerwiegender Fehler bei der Installation. (Error code 1603)
Error: Action sequence 'upgrade: upgrading Parallels Panel core components...' of package 'plesk' has been failed with code 1603"

I confirmed with OK at stopped that update.

3. I cant open up Plesk panel on my client.

The only thing that comes up is:

"The file auth.php3 is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment. "

And no I don't know, what to do.

Can someone help me out, please?

Best regrads

That was a mistake. I have downloaded the 11.0.9

I have read, that the Error comes up, when passwords are longer then 14 characters. I have changed all Windowspasswords to shorter ones.

When I start ai.exe, the browser pops up and I log in with the Windows Administrator.
The Programm tolds me, that v. 11.0.9 is installed, but updates are available. So I click Update Components, and after the clicks the errormessage comes up again.

"Parallels Panel pre-upgrade checking...

Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden. (Error code 2) at RegQueryValueEx valueName=pwd"

I can click confirm, what I have done before. But I am sure the setup will be broke up as I wrote in point 2. in Threat above.

Back