• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Greyed out icons !!!

J

JoaoCorreia

Greyed icons should disapear for all except administrator !

Yes there's a point - your user will see them and ask about getting access to that nifty Application Vault, or SpamAssassin, or Dr. Web.

Some people will spend the money and buy stuff, to make the customer happy. So it's in SW-Soft's best interest to leave them there to entice customers.

Underhanded marketing, baby. :p

You can hand-edit the database and remove the icons yourself, but I think they'll come back on the next update. Not sure; haven't removed them myself yet.

It's more the SSH icon I was thinking about, I will *never* use it on *any* of my servers - there's no point it being there.

As far as this is concerned, I believe that the option to enable/disable certain feature categories is good but on top of this, also include the option to grey them out or have them disappear.

This is so easily fixed... it's been posted on the forums before but I'll repeat the process below since I can't find the URL that easily. SWSoft really shouldn't have to implement this, let them use their time for usefull stuff. I rather have less bugs than less icons.

Anyway, you can always download a skin from Plesk, edit the info.xml so that the skin has a different name, and modify the buttons.css file in the following dir:

\yourskin\css\main\

Replace any line that says:

background-image: url(../../images/btn_***-disabled_bg.gif);

with:

display:none; width:0px; height:0px;

-

So, for example, the following:

#bid-reboot-disabled {
background-image: url(../../images/btn_reboot-disabled_bg.gif);
}

would become:

#bid-reboot-disabled {
}

This not only removes the icons, but also the text that's underneath them. Ofcourse you can apply this to all buttons, or only to the ones you want removed. So Cranky could change his ssh icon from:

#bid-sshterm-disabled {
background-image: url(../../images/btn_sshterm-disabled_bg.gif);
}

to:

#bid-sshterm-disabled {
}

and the button would be gone :)

Enjoy the 'hax0ring' :p

Although I love and have some of your products, this script doesn't really work well, from what I've seen (correct me if I'm wrong).

This file edits template files. And Plesk will happily overwrite those during upgrades and/or updates. If you use the technique as mentioned here:

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=93155

then the changes are in the Skin files. And as long as your skin file is called different from any of the default Plesk ones, this will not be overwritten during upgrades and continue to work.

Let me know if I'm wrong, though :)

REMOVE THOSE BUTTONS

WORKS LIKE A WINNE WITH 7.5

4PSA released a script that can remove not only grayed buttons, but other buttons also from the Plesk interface. The following buttons can be removed by the current version:

- Spamassassin buttons
- DrWeb antivirus buttons
- Tomcat buttons
- Application Vault buttons
- SSH Terminal buttons
- Site Preview buttons
- Crontab buttons
- Mambo CMS buttons
- Plesk Backup buttons

You can download the script from:
www.4psa.com/scripts/hide_buttons.sh

Back