• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

hacked server/transfering old plesk data to new plesk

C

chrisx

One of our servers was severely hacked and we had to do a full re-install on the machine.
I am helping with this project even though its not really my area of expertise and I dont know plesk deeply.

I am not familiar with setup of the machine before it was hacked (what version of Plesk it was running and a million other things). The whole file system from before the machine was restored is saved in a folder on the new server.

Currently CentOs and Plesk are up and running. (All passwords have been changed). Right now I'm copying the vhost sites and data and mail data from the old stored data to the fresh setup via the command line.

I need to get the plesk info & data from the hacked copy to the new one but dont know how.
I'm looking for advise, suggestions, potential gotchas, etc.

I'm not sure yet but I assume I can use the migration manager for this, at the moment it wants me to setup mailman first and I'm not ready for that yet.

As for choosing the data source, I dont want to transfer from another host, the data is located on the same machine somewhere in the old directory but I dont know where. The other data source option is local but is for Transfer[ing] data already processed by the Migration & Transfer Agent. How can I find and process the data?

I guess thats my main question but all thoughts or noted flaws in my 'plan' are very very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Back