• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Hard disk usage?

B

blaines

I am an newbie. When in the Plesk Control Panel looking at my hard disk usage under server statistics it shows that I am using 1.8GB of space. However, the 4 websites that I have on that server only take up about 600MB. My ISP only allocates 2GB of space so I'm running in the red-zone. Under server statistics it shows the following folders:

/usr/local/psa
/var/lib/mysql
/home/httpd/vhosts
/var/qmail/mailnames
/var/named/run-root

I'm assuming there are temp files or logs or something I can delete. Does anyone know what I can remove or any settings that will prevent the server from filling up the hard drive with files it doesn't need to have. Any help would be appreciated as I am unable to upload the rest of the content for my sites until I can resolve this problem.

Disk usage consists of databases, mailboxes and %plesk_vhosts%\domainname folders

Originally posted by Gris
Disk usage consists of databases, mailboxes and %plesk_vhosts%\domainname folders

What is the best way to determine what is causing all the disk usage. The databases are barely used and the mailboxes are all empty and there are no sub-domains. Are there any terminal commands I can use to hunt down the culprit? I'm a newbie and not really sure how to diagnose. When you remove domains and mailboxes, does it remove those folders from the disk. I've had some old email addresses and old domains that were getting tons of spam. Is it possible some old accounts are still on the hard drive even after deleting from Plesk?

Back