• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Have a WordPress, widely-used plugins not able to Outbound Communicate

bpetcbbu

New Pleskian
Hi all,

Got a WordPress installation on a site for a client; I always keep it up-to-date as far as the WordPress version; we only use a few really widely-known plugins, and the "Theme" is one of the default WordPress ones that comes with a basic WordPress installation.

Been using it for a good while now, runs well, I always keep the WP core, all plugins, all themes, up-to-date, update them all, etc.

Today, I'm getting an error on two of the plugins:

1) Monsterinsights
2) Wordfence

Stating that outbound communication isn't working due to my server's firewall, or something like that.

My web-host is no help, all they do is say, "well, you're using a VPS and Plesk so we can't lift a finger to help you".

I have no idea what to do. The *site* is working ok, but something is wrong--these two plugins, Monsterinsights and Wordfence, aren't connecting like they need to be, and I need to get them fixed. One example is that the error from Monsterinsights, literally says,
"The firewall of your server is blocking outbound calls. Please contact your hosting provider to fix this issue. cURL error 6: name lookup timed out"

If I need to post some exact screenshots of exact errors, I can, just let me know.

Did you ever work this out? How did you set up rules? Did you use a HTTP Proxy server setting for WordPress instead like:

/* Configure HTTP Proxy Server */
define('WP_PROXY_HOST', 'xx.xx.xx.xx');
define('WP_PROXY_PORT', '8080');
define('WP_PROXY_USERNAME', 'xxxxx');
define('WP_PROXY_PASSWORD', 'xxxxx');
define('WP_PROXY_BYPASS_HOSTS', 'localhost');

to solve the issue instead?

Back