• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plugin package cannot be installed: Premium plugin requires base plugin

JustAnotherUser

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello,

today I encountered the following problem:

I have a custom plugin package containing "All-In-One Security (AIOS) – Security and Firewall" and "All-in-One Security and Firewall Premium" (the second one as a manual upload)
WP Toolkit isn't able to activate the second one with the following error message: "The package could not be installed on the WordPress website. - Error: Attention: You do not have the plugin All In One WP Security & Firewall active. The All In One WP Security & Firewall plugin needs to be installed and active in order for the All In One WP Security & Firewall Premium plugin to work."

WP Toolkit seems to try to activate all plugins at once but AIOS premium cannot be activated if AIOS isn't already active. AIOS gets activated but AIOS premium doesn't.

Is there any way to fix this issue? This doesn't seem to be a bug in the traditional way, but it does cause problems. An option to tell WP Toolkit to enable each plugin alone in the order they were added to the plugin pack instead of all together would be useful in this case.

Best regards

As a workaround I suggest to use the native Wordpress Plugins menu to install that package.

Hi Peter,

thanks for your message. Actually, the premium version gets installed but WP toolkit fails to activate it. So the workaround to activate the premium version via the native WordPress plugins menu does work.
It would still be nice to have a direct fix for this issue. Should I submit this as a bug report or feature request? Can you send me a link to the correct location? Thanks!

Back