• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Health Monitor access from Server admin panel home

DwightJ

New Pleskian
Health Monitor Module is installed and running on server, but not visible under Server Administration Panel > Home > Server Health on Plesk Panel 11.0.9 update #7. Is there a trick to configuring home to show it and/or a direct way to launch view of server health?

Could you please show corresponding screenshot with explanations?

no change with reinstall...

Screen capture views show component reinstalled/ running but home page does not show health monitor nor does Server tab. I'm not running a custom view setting, but looking at the settings it is not selectable component for custom view setting either. I believe I'm in the Server Administration Panel (logged in as Pleask admin), but don't see health monitor as expected per Admin Guide 11.0?

Attachments

• health component installed.JPG
    health component installed.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Not a custom view choices for health monitor.JPG
    Not a custom view choices for health monitor.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 36
  • home view.JPG
    home view.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 37
Go to Interface Management and switch to Service Provider View.

Health Monitor not available in Power User view

Ok, I see Health Monitor now in Service provider mode, but I don't get why Health Monitor has this restriction? We typically use Power User view. Why is Health Monitor not available in the Control Panel there? The documentation says "server administration functions are included in the Control Panel in this (Power User) view", but health monitor is not. Is there a way better way to monitor server health or a way around this restriction? Sorry if this is ignorant question (I'm more familiar with Linux than Win approaches plus I'm new to this tool), I need to monitor server performance and stress/debug under full production load. Should I go directly to IIS7 and Server 2008 monitors for this?

Power User view. This view is the best for power users - those who use Panel solely for personal needs, such as for maintaining a company portal or a mail server. In this view, both server administration and hosting services management take place in the Control Panel. As this view does not assume a reselling service to others is needed, it does not provide facilities for managing hosting plans, subscriptions, resellers, and customers. Also, as the server administration functions are included in the Control Panel in this view, the Server Administration Panel becomes unavailable.

Bug/ Deficiency:Health Monitor not available in Power User view

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, VERSION OF MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Panel 11.0.9 update #7, MS server 2008 R2, IIS7, on i5 server

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Bug/ Deficiency:Health Monitor not available in Power User view

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

set Power User view

ACTUAL RESULT

Health Monitor Module is installed and running on server, but not visible any where on the Panel ( Home > Server Health ... as ~ per p339 in Admin guide 11)

EXPECTED RESULT

Ok, I see Health Monitor now when I switch to Service provider mode, but I don't get why Health Monitor has this restriction? We typically use Power User view. Why is Health Monitor not available in the Control Panel there? The documentation says "server administration functions are included in the Control Panel in this (Power User) view", but health monitor is not. Is there a way better way to monitor server health or a way around this restriction? Sorry if this is ignorant question (I'm more familiar with Linux than Win approaches plus I'm new to this tool), I need to monitor server performance and stress/debug under full production load. Should I go directly to IIS7 and Server 2008 monitors for this?

As ~ per p32 in Admin guide 11 : Power User view. This view is the best for power users - those who use Panel solely for personal needs, such as for maintaining a company portal or a mail server. In this view, both server administration and hosting services management take place in the Control Panel. As this view does not assume a reselling service to others is needed, it does not provide facilities for managing hosting plans, subscriptions, resellers, and customers. Also, as the server administration functions are included in the Control Panel in this view, the Server Administration Panel becomes unavailable.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
-------------------------------------------------------------
Health Monitor documentation is really poor, I assumed "Power User" would have access to server health, I read pages 339-341 (out of your 773 paged doc!) and wasted a lot of time finding out the feature is not available to "power users" as defined on page 32. I'm forced to conclude that true power users probably don't use Heath Monitor. Am I wrong?

Thank you for report.
AFAIK we have already submitted bug regarding this issue. Bug should be fixed in Plesk 11.1 version.

Thank you for report.
AFAIK we have already submitted bug regarding this issue. Bug should be fixed in Plesk 11.1 version.

Hello.

I have Plesk Panel v11.5.30 for Windows and I don't see the Health Monitoring link in Power User view. Did you fix this bug?

Yours faithfully,

Hey,

I'm running Plesk 11.5.30 MU#32 in power user mode and I don't have access to the health monitor so it seems this bug hasn't been fixed.

When will this be fixed?

Thanks

Hello Igor.

I'm running Plesk 12.0.18 now and I still don't see the HealthMonitor in Power User view. I can access it normally in Service Provider view.
Can you confirm it has been fixed in this version and is there something I need to do?

+1 For the above, Plesk 12 is now a stable release and with the new licence structure, some clients are restricted to solely the "Power User" view - As a result the are missing out on valuable server statistics provided by the Health Monitor.

@Igor

Could this bug possible be re-looked into

+1
I am using "Web admin edition" and it forces me to use this web admin interface and I cannot access health manager (but I installed it).
It is not clear if it is a bug or a license limitation or the button is just hidden somewhere in the menus, I can't find it by search eider.

+1
In this thread (http://forum-dev.odin.com/threads/plesk-12-1-8-preview.322947/) it was said that you want to look into the HM issue when there are resources available.
Any updates on this?
I would have to pay 5,42€ every month extra to upgrade my licence, which I am honestly not in mood to pay for a bug/problem that is already more than a year old...

Isnt there any way, like using /admin/health/index?context=health, to access this feature? Would love to compare a new server with an old one that (luckily) has the right licence since always...

Maybe we can "upgrade" to Plesk 11 if that one works :)
Anyway ... I do appreciated that Plesk licenses are 2.x Eur - 5.x Eur /month when cPanel is around 28 Eur /mo, at least for my host.

Back