1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Help! many error when upgrade to Merak Mail Server 8.2.2

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by oatcpe, Jul 18, 2005.

  1. oatcpe

    oatcpe Guest

    0
     
    I upgrade my mail server from Merak Mail Server 8.0.3 to 8.2.2. after that PLESK 7.5.3 got many error ex.

    when using backup utility it's say:

    Backup error.
    Error in execute ''mailmng' --get-max-letter-size'
    COM Error 8000FFFF (Catastrophic failure, Property c_config_exchange_maxdata not found) at execute console command --get-max-letter-size

    In Information on Plesk components :

    - in front of " Merak Mail Server 8.2.2 " icon display with red "X" icon not green icon.
    - When try set using Merak Antivirus 8.2.2. it got "runtime error"

    And the last worst thing that i found.
    -CAN'T SET MAIL SERVER back to MailEnable Standard 1.8 because when try to set it got "runtime error"


    if you my plz suggest some solution or offer Patch update Immediately.
    Thank for Attention.
     
  2. arvin8

    arvin8 Guest

    0
     
    Similar thing happened to me...
    I could not solve the problem, I tried to reinstall the plesk and it was not successfull at the end I had to format the server and make a fresh installation. Unfortunatly...

    After you set your server, there are points that you've got to be carefull... After installing the fresh copy of plesk, install the merak. But be carefull not the 8.2 version(It's not working with plesk) The previous version 8.0.3 will do fine. Then stop the mailenable and start the merak. You are done.
    After this do not try to uninstall mailenable. If you do the plesk will not work. and again you'll have to reinstall it(maybe the whole server).

    note: somehow after installing the 8.0.3 you can upgrade to 8.2 and it works but I'm not sure if it's working %100.

    I hope sw-softl improves the merak integration soon...
     
  3. B_Lyle

    B_Lyle Guest

    0
     
    Hello,

    sorry for may bad Englisch... But i'll try it ;)

    We had the same Problem.

    Try these:

    - uninstall Merak MailServer
    - then you must go to:
    C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\
    - There are the following Files:
    ... MerakAntivirusProvider.dll
    ... merakmailfilter.dll
    ... merakproviderw.dll
    ... merakwebmail.dll
    These Files you must rename or delete. (we have rename it)
    - Now you can Switch the MailServer to MailEnable without errors!

    Greets
    Mike
     
Loading...