• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help Needed: Moving EVERYTHING to another drive

S

section9

I currently have EVERYTHING setup on my D drive, and have recently installed a much larger capacity E drive.

Im wondering what is the best way to make a move like this, meaning moving all of my sites and such. I know Plesk comes with a tool that helps with a move like this, but I am hesitant to use it without fully understanding how it works.

My other idea was to use the Drive Manager in Windows Server 2003, and change the drive letters so that E is now D, and vice versa, and make sure that my original D drive was already mirrored on my E drive, so when the drive letter changes, nothing is missing and all folders still exist etc.

But, I fear that doing that might seriously brake some stuff. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

I"d advise to connect useful with useful. You may backup you server with Plesk backup utility. Download Plesk 7.5.2 it will available in begin of next week. After that remove old Plesk, install new and restore backup.

Generally, there are many ways to do this moving. All depend from administrator experience.

Back