• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help please - 11.5.30 Update #29 but it has PHP 5.3, shouldn't it be 5.4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavera2

Basic Pleskian
I moved my server from a provider to another.
I have big performance issues. So I'm trying everything.
I hope PHP 5.4.23 will solve my problems

In Plesk I see that current version is "11.5.30 Update #29"
But websites has PHP 5.3.3.

My old server also had "11.5.30 Update #29"
but it had PHP 5.4.23.

When I try to update from Plesk panel
example.com/update_components.html
I get that I have latest version.

Although I selected "Early adopter release" in update settings.
How can I update Plesk ??
Please help me

I moved my server from a provider to another.
I have big performance issues. So I'm trying everything.
I hope PHP 5.4.23 will solve my problems

In Plesk I see that current version is "11.5.30 Update #29"
But websites has PHP 5.3.3.

My old server also had "11.5.30 Update #29"
but it had PHP 5.4.23.

When I try to update from Plesk panel
example.com/update_components.html
I get that I have latest version.

Although I selected "Early adopter release" in update settings.
How can I update Plesk ??
Please help me

Please, I need the same, php 5.4 in my plesk panel!!

Thanks in advance

Yes. That's correct. Default CentOS 6.4 PHP version is 5.3.3. You old server was with custom build of PHP version. This one is with default. Maybe You can ask your provider to change PHP version. Or you have to change in Plesk settings default PHP version for subscriptions. I'm still with 11.09, so I can't help You with that. This article can help You - http://kb.parallels.com/en/114753

Hello,

Instead of upgrading the php version on your server, I will suggest you try to install 2 php on your server so that you will get any issues with your other site, You can select php version through panel if you want to change it for any single domain.

Please check it : http://kb.parallels.com/114753

Thank you..!

Yes. That's correct. Default CentOS 6.4 PHP version is 5.3.3. You old server was with custom build of PHP version. This one is with default. Maybe You can ask your provider to change PHP version. Or you have to change in Plesk settings default PHP version for subscriptions. I'm still with 11.09, so I can't help You with that. This article can help You - http://kb.parallels.com/en/114753

Interesting. Because my old VDS server was
CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
Linux 2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.x86_64 x86_64
At the beginning it had PHP 5.3, but after some months (I thought because of Plesk 11.5 microupdates) PHP was updated to 5.4.23.
I didn't do anything to update to 5.4.23. Only Plesk updates occured in that period.

I tried to install PHP from repo. But I get the error that I had the latest version:

# yum install php
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: ftp.dgn.net.tr
* epel: repo.boun.edu.tr
* extras: ftp.dgn.net.tr
* rpmforge: ftp.fi.muni.cz
* updates: ftp.dgn.net.tr
Setting up Install Process
Package php-5.3.3-27.el6_5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

I don't need multiple PHP versions.
Because in previous server I was using PHP 5.4.23, so my codes will work with 5.4.x.

InderS gives link for multi PHP version documentation.
Can you offer me Plesk recommended way to upgrade current PHP version ?
Is Atomic repo upgrade is OK with Plesk ? I don't want my server to crash etc.

Always it is not safe unless You a know what are You doing. Previous I used Atomic repos to upgrade PHP and it does it's job. Always backup Your info before doing anything.

Successfully I updated my PHP 5.3 to PHP 5.4.24 by using atomic repo.
After that I updated MySQL to 5.5. After this update I got errors like this (inside error_log of mysql):
140123 12:52:30 [ERROR] Missing system table mysql.proxies_priv; please run mysql_upgrade to create it
140123 12:52:30 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'events_waits_current' has the wrong structure

Then I found this page: http://kb.parallels.com/en/115875
This command solved my upgrade issues
# mysql_upgrade -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

Always it is not safe unless You a know what are You doing. Previous I used Atomic repos to upgrade PHP and it does it's job. Always backup Your info before doing anything.

I checked my old server and I saw that atomic repo is active there and PHP 5.4.23 is installed there.
(Possibly admins enabled that repo)

But I remember that for months I used 5.3.x versions. Some day it is updated to PHP 5.4.x.
I didn't do anything to update PHP to 5.4.x. Does Plesk auto updates PHP by checking the enabled repos ?
Or is there a cron job that upgrades installed programs from repos ?

Atomic went from PHP 5.3 to 5.4 back in the summer.

I'm sorry for my ignorance.
Does atomic repo upgrades programs automatically ?
For example when I upgrade PHP by using Atomic repo, whenever PHP is updated in Atomic repo it is updated in my server automatically ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back