• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

HELP, plesk stops to respond

A

AbsolutelyFreeW

Just recently, plesk hs started to missbehave:

1. Login to control panel is possible, listing clients and domains is OK. But you cannot enter the domain areas ( when you click a domain name you get nowhere).

2. domain.exe works to give you usage etc. But hangs when you try to do anything, like creating ro deleting domains. domain -r whatever.com just hangs

3. Server backup seems to stop working as well when this happens.

I've tried to create and delete domains from IIS directly that works.

There is no errors related to this in the system or application events.

I've tried to restart all services, but it doesnt help. Only restart of whole server seems to help. Done this once, and I was forced to a hard restart.

All help is appreciated! Any ideas?

It seems that the problem is websrvmgr hanging, I shutdown websrvmgr processes and the control panel starts working. Any ideas how to prevent this?

As you're reporting about hangs during websrvmng.exe execution, it seems there is some problems with IIS configuration. I'm suggesting you to completely reconfigure IIS with 'websrvmng.exe --remove-all' and then 'websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all'.

Hello,

Thank you!

What does --remove-all do exactly?

It's a production server with many customers.

I can only see that the websrvmng.exe hangs sometimes. Eventviewer does not have any errors reported about this.

Is there anywhere else to look for error messages?

I'm so sorry for answer delay.
You should set registry

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\Config]
"Debug"=dword:0x00000001

to see debug information from source "websrvmng" in system Event Viewer

Don't forget to reset Debug after that

Thank you sshigin !!!!!! Appreciate your help so much!!!

I have set the dword. I will let you know of the outcome.

ps. what does "reset the debug afterwards" mean?

Originally posted by AbsolutelyFreeW
what does "reset the debug afterwards" mean?
When Debug=1 Plesk shows extended error message which can contains critical security information (such as passwords) and so I strongly recommend to reset Debug=0 when issue will be fixed

OK, I've set debug, but I only receive entries in application log as info.

The whole problem seems to be if a scheduled task is run to create or remove a domain this happens.

For instance if its a removal The last log entries are:

start "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\/admin/bin/websrvmng" --features
Execute file name: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng.exe

start "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\/admin/bin/websrvmng" --remove-vhost "--vhost-name=norrmalm.info"

removeVHost(norrmalm.info)

followed by a lot of named saying ( I guess a result of it being restarted somehow):
received notify for zone <all domains on server>

then websrvmng hangs, the script hangs, the control panel hangs etc...

Hi sshigin,

I've solved the problem, but I think plesk should look at this, and change the pleks behaviour, hanging is very frustrating. Here is the problem:

I have written a script that uses domain.exe to create and delete domains automatically. The script works.

I had the script run with the at command before which is run by the system, and even that worked great.

The problems arouse when schtasks was used instead of the at command to run the script as a user instead. The user has full previleges, and the script works when logged in and run manually with that user. However plesk hangs when it is run with schtasks command. No errors even in debug mode. No nothing. Just hang after a creation/deletion of a domain and after name server restart which all is done when domain.exe is called.

To solve this I reverted back to the at command.

Would be great if you could generate a bug report for this and forward to development. Hang applications with no error reports what so ever is bad in any case.

Back