• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help Required for hosting and accessing

S

Saad Siddiqui

My domain is not yet registered (its under process) but I can access my ftp and panel . I deleted the old webpages from httpdocs folder and added mine. In my Panel I clicked on the "site-preview" option and I am able to view my website . But when I access my website with the ip i am given i.e. (50.23.200.146) . It opens up the previous index.html page and doesn't show my pages even if I try to access by writing the proper url and it also accessing the folders which were there before and which I deleted like the (css and img) folder. Please tell me if its the right way to access my website through the given ip when my domain is not yet registered ? Please help me out .

Thanks
Saad Siddiqui

To specify what web site will open when you refer to the site on your server by an IP address:
- Go to Server -> IP Addresses and click the respective number in the Hosting column. All sites hosted on this IP will be listed.
- Select the site you need and click Set as Default.

Thanks for the reply , but please note that there is no such option as server or Ip adresses in my panel . I am using windows panel and i cant find any "server" or "ip-addresses" option there , can you please elaborate .

Thanks

Please see the attachment ,this is how my panel looks like , I changed my Web-Hosting settings from shared ip to exclusive but no help

Attachments

• clip_image002.jpg
    clip_image002.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1
Click "Settings" in left menu and you will see "IP addresses"

There is no such option as , IP Addresses in Settings too , please see the attachment , these are the only options I see in Settings

Attachments

• clip_image001.jpg
    clip_image001.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 2
As far as I see you have logged to Plesk not as admin.

OK , my vendor gave me just the username and password, do i need to get admin rights from them ?

Back