• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help! - Struggling with Adding Plans & Users

R

rustybulb

Hi,

I have been trying to set up a Sitebuilder account for one of my customers to use, but cannot seem to get it right.

My hosting company have set up a plan for me called 'Resellers-Static Use_This_One'

yet it has the Description:

'Custom for client - Do Not Use This'

I explained to them that this was confusing, as it seemed to be telling me to do two opposite things, but it was still not explained.

In order to try and tackle it myself, I've resorted to setting up a plan called "TestName01" (because I don't know what the NAME is supposed to refer to) and have given it a description: "first attempt at setting up a new plan"

I added a fictional new user to test that the process would work before I gave all the details to my customer.

In my test, the user was called Jack Sparrow. He was the site owner, not a reseller. I used one of my spare email addresses and I gave him the same login details as the site’s cpanel login, as advised.

Yet when I completed the action, I was presented with a page that I was not happy with:

Under the ‘Users’ page this new fictional user had all the details he was supposed to have EXCEPT under the ‘Owner’ details, it had MY Sitebuilder Reseller account username and MY name. I don’t understand why this happened because I definitely made sure I checked ‘Site Owner’ not ‘Reseller’ when setting up.

So my test has not worked, because I cannot give those details to my customer.

Please can someone explain where I have gone wrong, and how I can set up an account and a site for my customer?

Please note that I have offered to build the site using Sitebuilder first, before handing it over to the customer to keep, so I need to access the account first, myself.

Are there video tutorials? - not for building a site, but for setting up plans and users. I can only find text, and was certain that I had followed correctly.

Thank you

Actually, from the description I can see that you did everything right and got expected result as the owner for newly created user is You. There are following user properties listed in 'Users' page:

User name - User name (new for created user)
Role - his role (in this case it should display 'Site Owner')
E-mail - user's email address
Full name - user's full name
Owner - user owner (his creator, in this case you)
Creation date - creation date
Sites - user's sites

So everything looks correct. Check it up. If you meant something else, provide screen shot of something with description.
All available flush tutorials are listed on Parallels web site: http://www.parallels.com/en/products/sitebuilder/tutorials/.

Hi,
In my test, the user was called Jack Sparrow. He was the site owner, not a reseller. I used one of my spare email addresses and I gave him the same login details as the site’s cpanel login, as advised.

Yet when I completed the action, I was presented with a page that I was not happy with:

Under the ‘Users’ page this new fictional user had all the details he was supposed to have EXCEPT under the ‘Owner’ details, it had MY Sitebuilder Reseller account username and MY name. I don’t understand why this happened because I definitely made sure I checked ‘Site Owner’ not ‘Reseller’ when setting up.

So my test has not worked, because I cannot give those details to my customer.
Thank you

Thank you for your reply.

The link you gave is very helpful, but it is for tutorials on how to build the site, not how to set up accounts.

You say I've done everything correctly. If so, please can you tell me what URL I need to get into Sitebuilder and build the site? (and to give to my customer)

I assume the cpanel login details I set up will work, from what you are saying.

Also, I have not input anywhere, the domain of the site I want to build! At what point do I put that information in?

Thank you

Created customer should be able to log into his own CP using the same URL which is used by you. This should be something like: http://sitebuilder.domain.tld/Login page. After user is logged into panel there is an option should be available for creating sites. Let me know if there is anything else should be clarified.

Thank you

But that isn't possible yet because as I said, I have not yet had the opportunity to input the domain, which I would think is pretty crucial.

My host have input the IP address of the site, but that does not identify the site, because all the other domains I have on my reseller account, have the same IP address.

Please can you tell me where to input the domain?

Thanks.

Please Help!

OK I built the site.

Now I get told "Publishing is not available. Please contact the server administrator"

My host has enabled publishing on my Reseller account, but NOT on the customer account I set up.

I have also been told:
"The roll is set to reseller, and the Plan is set to Reselers-static_use_this_one, then please make sure to have this check boxed: Proceed to registering a site for this user"

Within the reseller account, I have clicked everything I can see, and I don't know HOW to register a site for a user.

But more importantly, I have built the site within the customer login, as I want to test it works before I hand everything over to her.

So I need publishing enabled on the customer login account. There is no option to input my host on that account, as it is not included in the drop down menu.

What I'm trying to do should have taken 30 minutes.
Instead it has taken two weeks, and it still is not right.

It's a bit archaic not to have video tutorials for setting up users and plans etc., especially when they have them for actually building a site.

Under your reseller account you can create the site and assign it to your site owner. It is also possible to create site for site owner by log in to Sitebuilder under site owner.

As for publication process, your reseller's plan should have included host(s) for publication. Plan which is assigned to site owner also should have host(s) enabled for publication. If you need to give site owner ability to manage publication settings, it is also configured within plan properties (the plan which is assigned to site owner).

If there is still something unclear, let me know what do you wish to do and I will try to guide you step-by-step how it should be done.

Hi Dmitry

Thank you for your help.

You have confirmed that Hostgator staff are clueless. I've just been getting cryptic messages for the last two weeks.

Sorry but it's just more trouble than it's worth. I've half built the site in Seamonkey Composer, purely by trial and error, and I think it looks great. But at least I now know how to pass the site on to my customer.

You should be given a medal Dmitry. You are the only Sitebuilder 'customer support' I've managed to find!

Back