• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

[Help]webmail.domain.tld DNS Error.

Maxunit941

New Pleskian
Dear Parallels Community,

I recently installed Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS on my Root and then downloaded the Plesk Installer and let it install.

I had 2 errors about Bind9, but it seemed to have solved itself. My Server Provider's Robot no longer sends Emails about DNS Resolving issues and the Domains work. FTP works as well.

The only thing not working is Webmail. It always returns a (generic) DNS Error.

Domain is: www.vgu-studios.com
Webmail: webmail.vgu-studios.com

I added DNS Records in my Customer Backend for the Domain and in Plesk, but there seems to be something wrong and I am lost. The usual fixes I did back then with Plesk 11 usually fixed it.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Maxunit

EDIT:

I installed bind9 before installing Plesk and that seems to cause issues.

I get the following E-Mail from my Server Provider every 3 - 4 hours:

Code:
Notification for 5.9.122.34 (MAIN Server):

==> DNS (reminder) <==
State is now:   ERROR    (20:24h 2015.02.25)
State before:   OK       (was 9 days)
Service params: type=ANY port=53 zone=vgunetwork.com
Service uptime: 98.97%

(vgunetwork is another domain tied to my server)

EDIT:

Had to disable AppArmor, but now Roundcube is broken -.-...
cleardot.gif

Last edited:
Firstly when installing Plesk the only thing I install with the OS is SSH, then everything else will be downloaded and installed by the Plesk installer from the OS repos.

Rather than disabling AppArmor you can edit..
Code:
/etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.named

and add..
Code:
/var/named/run-root/** rwm,

Around line 47 making sure the directive is inside the brackets.

Hope that helps.
Regards

Lloyd

Back