• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Hi all . MailDns Manual setup

VerbalK

New Pleskian
Now i know im gonna sound a bit of a div, But..
Can someone run met hrough the procces of setting up dns record settings for a domain through Plesk, tis supposed to be auAutomated, but alas no , have a VPS on Webfusion server ..have had there very good customer services set up the last after it did not set up automaticly.. but took a day to deal with ..

so need to set up dns records for a domain on plesl 10 ..
step by step would be usefull as am a designer and not that savvie with ssh and so on so will be setting up through panel ... any assistance would be good.. thanks.. shure that fault is webfusion not plesk.. :) Verbal..

Now i know im gonna sound a bit of a div, But..
Can someone run met hrough the procces of setting up dns record settings for a domain through Plesk, tis supposed to be auAutomated, but alas no , have a VPS on Webfusion server ..have had there very good customer services set up the last after it did not set up automaticly.. but took a day to deal with ..

so need to set up dns records for a domain on plesl 10 ..
step by step would be usefull as am a designer and not that savvie with ssh and so on so will be setting up through panel ... any assistance would be good.. thanks.. shure that fault is webfusion not plesk.. :) Verbal..

should say that all settings on 123reg are correct .. pointing to vps .. as other sites that work ..

This should really be asked in the problems/how to etc section, not suggestions and feedback.

The simplest way to see what's happening is to use an online DNS checking tool, like dnsreport.com

What you need to keep in mind is that there are many ways to do the same thing.

Here are the key things to keep in mind:

The internet at large will query a DNS server to translate a human readable domain name to an IP address (e.g. domain.tld to 123.123.123.123 where that IP is the Ip address of your plesk server)

Exactly which DNS server should be used is defined by the nameservers associated with the domain. When you register a domain, by default the namservers are usually set to those of the registrar.

If the nameservers are set to those of the registrar then you can usually use the DNS configuration facility provided by the registrar to change A, MX, NS and CNAME settings for the domain.
e.g.
Code:
domain.tld [A] ip-of-your-plesk-server
www.domain.tld [CNAME] domain.tld
would be sufficient to get a website working, but you would need more than that in practice (e.g. records for FTP, mail, webmail and so on)

If, on the other hand, you want the internet at large to use your Plesk server's DNS facilities instead of your registrar's then you need to do a lot more.

You'll find a link on this topic http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=260410 to a document that I have created which might help you (but keep in mind that the non-generic stuff is for Plesk 8.6 not Plesk 10 or 11 and there are some improvements in 10 and 11). I'm not going to post the direct link here - I dislike blatant self-promotion, especially when it can be difficult to tell the difference between spam and genuinely useful links.

Back